Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

Problems with new 744 for FsX

Guest Totalbeginner

I'm having some problems with the new 744 for FSX and would appreciate some help. They are as follows:1) The flight controls don't move when viewed in external and pax views. Once the aircraft has landed the flap linkage fairings move very slowly but the flaps remain retracted and the aircraft looks decidedly tech!2) At cruise altitude the aircraft rocks up and down like an ocean-liner in a storm. This is something to do with the A/P and happens in VNAV PTH, VNAV ALT and ALT modes.3) I think there's something wrong with the sound. It sounds much worse than the other versions of this A/C. Engine spool up sounds like a spaceshipLooking forward to some advice,Martin Neep

Guest AJ

I also have the issue described in #1. Spoilerons, Rudder and Elevators are animated in external view, but not Ailerons or Flaps. As above, the flap undercarriage moves, but not the flaps themselves. The ailerons actually hang down as though the hydruyalics are shutdown. However this is with the aircraft fully powered, all hydraulics turned on, and all engines running. I can also affirm that the controls do work whenthe aircraft is in flight, i.e. setting the flaps does affect handling/speed as it should during approach. It just seems that the visual depiction is not functioning.On the other hand I do not have the problesm described in #2 and #3.Andrew

Gents,You need to goto FSX options in the display section and select the "advanced animations" checkbox - this will fix problem 1).Im not too sure about problem 2).Can you be more specific with the sounds - are all the volume sliders in FSX set to 50?Thanks,Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest AJ

>Gents,>>You need to goto FSX options in the display section and select>the "advanced animations" checkbox - this will fix problem>1).>>Im not too sure about problem 2).>>Can you be more specific with the sounds - are all the volume>sliders in FSX set to 50?>>Thanks,>>Armen L Cholakian>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpgThanks for the fix Armen. Works like a charm.Andrew