Sign in to follow this  
Guest phlk

Fatal Error! CTD and... other add-ons are gone!

Guest phlk

Hi,I have just bought 747X an hour ago. I have registered & installed it. No problem in doing so.Upon choosing PMDG 747X I am presented with "do you want to allow PMDG... bla-bla" I've answered "yes" and also chose that to be the default in future.Oki, so far so good. Then "Fatal Error" FSX -> CTD -> Automatic restart of FSX. This is my first buy from PMDG and I have been waiting for this bird for some time.Besides from that I can't get this piece of software to work - which is bad enough, I was kinda sad (still am!) when I went to look into the XML.dll file It now looks like this: PMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dll<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseTraffic ToolboxFalseFalseMyTraffictraffictoolbox.dllLevel-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllFeelThere PIC737X HelperFalseFeelThereB737PIC737XH.dllHey!??? I now see that everything after what has to do with PMDG is in one line if the file is opened with Notepad. File won't open in browser. The XML file is no good it says... something with top element. When I copied the text into here it now looks as above...XML.dll is not Read Only, so that's not it.But anyways, my LVL-D is not working either now (after installing PMDG). I get a Panel Init. failure and then... Fatal Error -> Automatic Restart...Default planes are fine.The only entry I have in the CFG file about PMDG is this:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESPMDG_747400_Main.DLL.czenuharlnlaowtteeotlqubetnrtkzwhubhawrn=2My specs:Dell 9150Pentium D, 3.4Nvidia 8800gts As I've said, first buy from PMDG... I hope this is easily solved!I hope for help ASAPKind regardsPeter Halkier :-(PS I've attached my xml.dll & CFG file. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179636.txthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179637.txt

Guest phlk

Hi again,ok, I seem to have solved it myself... :-) Moved things around in the DLL file. Sorry for taking up anyones time.CheersPeter Halkier

What did you do exactly..?I'm having the same problem.Cheerssteve

Guest phlk

Hi Steve,I changed my xml.dll file so it looks like this now<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseTraffic ToolboxFalseFalseMyTraffictraffictoolbox.dllLevel-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllFeelThere PIC737X HelperFalseFeelThereB737PIC737XH.dllPMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllSo I have moved this part:PMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllBefore it was at the top and therfore "outside".Don't know if you can follow..?CheersPete

Cheers for that..I actually thought I'd done this until I saw your reply and looked at my dll.xml again..Then I realised I'd copied and pasted, so the original was still there...doh!!Deleted the first entry and all is fine..Thanks againSteve

Good evening RyanYes, but what is to do, when the dll.xml file is correct. All the lines on my version are into der tag, but after selecting aircraft, during load AIRAC database (little PMDG window) FSX crashed.I few moments ago I send my dll.xml file to Paul by mail.I'm waiting now of his results and, what to do next?Best regardsMarcel

Guest phlk

You're welcome :-)CheersPete

Guest phlk

Hi Ryan,I'm on Vista - UAC off.KrPeter

hi Ryani just installed 747X into my Vista computer running fsx and got the same error described and my dll.xml file is totally screwed upnow i am working to fix it but i simply dont know how to write xml code or if i am doing it correctlyby the way i installed 747x on my second computer running Win XP without any problems or issues and it works fine - so this may be a VISTA issuePlease helpthank youBo

Bo Klop

Hello all,I have also installed the 747X on my Vista computer and have no errors at all! Also, when I take a look at my dll.xml file it's not screwed up at all, PMDG entries are at the bottom of my .xml file.Strange...........PeteEHAM

>Hello all,>>I have also installed the 747X on my Vista computer and have>no errors at all! Also, when I take a look at my dll.xml file>it's not screwed up at all, PMDG entries are at the bottom of>my .xml file.>>Strange...........>>PeteEHAMi know its strange, but after i fixed it it runs fine now. During initial installation the pmdg installed it on top of everything in dll,xmlBo

Bo Klop

I have my Level D 767 and PMDG 747 in FSX on Vista with UAC turned on. Not a problem and all working well from the word go. The problem with the dll.xml file existed for some users long before the appearance of the 747. It even plagued 767 users prior to the onset of the 747 too. Due to a problem between SimConnect and the dll.xml some items do not appear in the file menu of FSX. This was reported by Aces some time ago and it was said they were working on the issue.I have only heard one instance of this but I`ll tell you the outcome. Someone recently told me that they bought Accelerator and once again blamed that too for the file menu problems. So now we have the allegedly the 747, the 767 and Accelerator blamed for a problem that already existed. Now, this is unconfirmed but the same person who blamed Accelerator said he fixed it as follows.He said someone told him there was an SDK on the Accelerator disk. He installed it and the problem was gone. Now whilst fully realizing that a garbled .xml file has to be tidied up first I wonder if the SDK includes the SP2 part that fixes the existing file menu problem.....Just so you`re all aware, it isn`t necessarily the 747 at fault..... The next bit of software that comes out will probably be blamed for the demise of this flakey file and SimConnect too.Reider

Hi,same here, i'll get a CTD once selecting the PMDG 747. After selecting there's some activity going on (like when i load other addons for example) and then CTD.I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 And FSX SP1 (but without the Acceleration Pack yet). Updated NavData tp 0711 but that had no effect.kind regardsjanosch

I'm using Vista64 with UAC off.And FSX SP1, if that helps.Steve