Sign in to follow this  
Guest troyboy66

PMDG Link

Guest troyboy66

Is the link for PMDG website down? I haven't been able to access it from anywhere, that's including google and Yahoo. Troy

Works just fine here. Although I'm not using a link, I just typed it into my address bar.Try typing www.precisionmanuals.com into your address bar and see if it pops up.

Guest troyboy66

This sucks. Prescisionmanuals website no longer functions on my PC; Not with IE, Opera, or Firefox. I spent two hours today with my Internet service provider and it was a mystery to them as well and especially since they were able to log into PMDG's website. Even after reinstalling or resetting the browsers, still no go. I am capable of downloading and browsing any other website I want but not PMDG's. My service provider is convinced that a server on PMDG's part has gone down, an obviously unnotice since there is no mention of it at all. I'm enclosing three screenshots from three different browsers...If you guys are reading this, I need some help. PLEASETroy

Guest andyman

Why not use a web-based proxy? (not sure if they work with e-commerce)PMDG EDIT: Do not use a proxy service to purchase or validate - it needs to be your real IP or you will create problems for yourself.

Troy-Sorry to hear you are having trouble.Our site is up- running and reachable...FWIW: I am on a satellite- and occasionally segments of the internet will simply cease to be reachable for a few hours, a day, sometimes longer.It's annoying- but it is usually my service provider that is the problem- and eventually the problem corrects itself and goes away.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest troyboy66

Ok, that link works. Thanks Andrew, but I wonder why all of a sudden I have to take this route?Troy

Troy,If you didn't see my post there, please do not use that link Andy posted. It will mess up your validation if you don't use your real IP address.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest troyboy66

Thanks Ryan, I'll avoid that link for now..Troy

Troy,did you ever figure out a way to get on to the website?I never have. Guess I won't be purchasing anything from PMDG.Greg

Greg Clark

Guest troyboy66

Never did Greg, sorry. But there have been a few more people coming up with the same issue with accessing only, PMDG's website. Still checking though.Troy

Troy,I did find one Microsoft Knowledge base article which implies that if no internet connectivity is present, then it can be due to damaged winsock settings, but that if only one website cannot be connected to [as it the case here] to contact the website administator.Fixing Winsock settings can be done with free utility Winsockfix, [easy to find on Google]but it appparently damages firewall, antivirus settings and VPN settings and they all have to be reinstalled, something I am not going to chance for this isolated issue, as I cannot find any certain statement that having inabililty to access one site only is due to Winsock problem.Greg

Greg Clark

I am having the same problem. I have been able to trace the website and can get to it using the ip address. However the Domain name is not being resolved with the ip. Any suggestions? I suspect there has been a change on PMDG's Domain server and for some reason the IP address is not being connected to precisionmanuals.com.Don Brashears

Troy,One Microsoft Knowledgebase article suggests that if only one website generates "Page not displayed", to contact the website administrator, whereas if all pages display this message it may be a Winsock problem.There is a WinsockFix utility on Google, but it apparently will cause the need to reinstall any VPN clients and antivirus am firewall software, which I am not willing to risk.Looking at Dell forums there are other instances of inability to connect to one or two websites, but there is no concensus on what causes the problme or how to solve it. Clearing cookies and Internet Explorer temp files did nothing for me. I do not appear to have a hosta file which can create the problem by blocking access to certain dangerous sites.This problem for me seemed to coincide with the redevelopment of the PMDG website format.Can PMDG offer us any other way to purchase?Greg

Greg Clark

Guest troyboy66

Hey guys, I'm able to log on to the website now. I didn't do anything special, just waited patiently. Did PMDG discovered something?Troy