Sign in to follow this  
Guest danielbk

Crash To Desktop On Load - Vista32

Guest danielbk

Dear PMDG - I'm using Vista32 on an Intel 2ghzDC machine, 2048ram, ati HD2600 runing FSXsp1 with the visual2005 patch installed and security settings set up to "full control" on my user. Have installed the queen using administrative rights of course. When i attempt to load the aircraft (from the create flight menu, or within the simulator) - it immediately CTD's with the following report: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61355.0 Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a Fault Module Name: PMDG_747400_Main.DLL Fault Module Version: 10.0.61355.16 Fault Module Timestamp: 47210106 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000125cc OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033---PLEASEEEE help? very frustrating not to be able to fly the queen.. have missed it since fs9. Thank you - and congraj on the release. Daniel K.

Guest danielbk

Hi Robert, The problem continues. I have edited the xml.dll file as per the instructions, but received the same (i think) error. :( Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61355.0 Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a Fault Module Name: PMDG_747400_Main.DLL Fault Module Version: 10.0.61355.16 Fault Module Timestamp: 47210106 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000125cc OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033---My file was edited to be the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - Launchdll.xmlFalseFalse - Object Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll- Traffic ToolboxTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll- Visual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dll- Level-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dll- FSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dll- FeelThere CitationX HelperFalseFeelThereCitationXCitationXH.dll- FeelThere PIC737X HelperFalseFeelThereB737PIC737XH.dll- PMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dll- PMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dll- PMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllThanks once again.. Daniel.

Daniel-can you move the PMDG entries above all other Addon entries in dll.xml?Also- try to make sure you don't have a firewall program disabling TCP/IP communications on your machine - in my case, I had NOD32's IMON blocking my FSX.exe, causing no end of issues.This isn't something we can control - FSX uses TCP/IP in its internal workings of SimConnect so it will be blocked by such apps if not told otherwise.FSX SP2 (and/or Acceleration Pack) resolves this issue by using named pipes internally rather than TCP/IP for local machine connections, but SP1 didn't.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest danielbk

no fire wall here at all. :( and no, it did not help. i'm in no hurry - i would love to fly the bird, but have enough real flying of my own to keep me busy (and away from the computer). if you think this can get solved in the future with some sort of a patch i can wait.

Daniel-edit your fsx.cfg and remove all entries in the [Trusted] section. After doing so, you should start FSX and it should ask you immediately to trust the three PMDG DLLs: PMDGOptions.DLL, PMDGEvents.DLL, PMDGSounds.DLL. If it doesn't, we know what to start looking for...If it does, then as soon as you start the 747-400X, it should ask for four more - the gauge DLLs. You should trust those too. (After the PMDG_747400_Main.DLL question, the AIRAC database should start loading immediately).Let us know.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest mmuller

hellowhen i delete MY fsx.cfg, i am not asked for the PMDGOptions.DLL, PMDGEvents.DLL and PMDGSounds.DLL. maybe thats my problem as welllooking forward to hearing from you<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalsePMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllObject Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllMaddog 2006FalseFalseC:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesLeonardoSH.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllLevel-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dllFeelThere PIC737X HelperFalseFeelThereB737PIC737XH.dllMarc

Guest danielbk

Emptied the file - problem continues..

Daniel-Come on Daniel, you can do better than that one-line reply! I asked you to report back if you get the "Do you trust..." dialogs - please let us know.These are specific diagnostic steps you can take:a) Backup your fsx.cfg and dll.xml:( Delete the [Trusted] section from fsx.cfg and make sure the PMDG sections are appropriately placed in dll.xml.c) Run FSX and see if you get the security warning dialogs ("Do you want to trust...." etc).If you do NOT get those, then your FSX install is not working as it should and you have issues with Vista security (either you've installed as a 'standard' user, or you haven't run "as administrator" etc.)You need to reinstall FSX and the PMDG 747-400X and then make sure that you get the security warnings to verify that these items are loaded appropriately.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest danielbk

First of all - thank you so much for your help. I will try to reinstall FSX and PMDG sometime this weekend when i return from a current flying trip and have time to devote to it. Will update, of course. THANKS AGAIN! Danny.

>Daniel->>edit your fsx.cfg and remove all entries in the [Trusted]>section. After doing so, you should start FSX and it should>ask you immediately to trust the three PMDG DLLs:>PMDGOptions.DLL, PMDGEvents.DLL, PMDGSounds.DLL. >>If it doesn't, we know what to start looking for...>>If it does, then as soon as you start the 747-400X, it should>ask for four more - the gauge DLLs. You should trust those>too. (After the PMDG_747400_Main.DLL question, the AIRAC>database should start loading immediately).>>Let us know.Lefteris,Even though my crash with this DLL happens when the Freight version is unloaded, I am never able to get the "do you trust" message again. What I mean is, if I remove those entries in DLL.XML and FSX.CFG, I am never challenged to "trust PDMG" again.It seems as though you know what to do in this circumstance, could you please advise me?UPDATE TO THIS: I found the answer in Pete Dowson's FSUIPC4 user guide. Apparently you have to change settings in Internet Explorer to remove PMDG as a trsuted publisher. Once I did this I got all the prompts again. Unfortunately, this has not solved my problem where PMDG_747400_Main.DLL crashes when I end a flight using the Freighter model ONLY (Pax is okay).In the "trust this publisher" dialog there is an advanced drop-down menu where you can choose to "always trust" PMDG. If you choose to do this, then you won't see the prompts again unless you change this in Internet explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> Publishers. It is in this dialog that you can remove trust for any publisher in the list.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest danielbk

Hi. Tried a fresh install of FSXsp1 with the updated 744install, removed PMDG from trusted publishers to receive the prompt.. the dll prompts did not appear. nothing. same CTD on load with the following error. very very frustrating :( :( Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61355.0 Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a Fault Module Name: PMDG_747400_Main.DLL Fault Module Version: 10.0.61355.17 Fault Module Timestamp: 472b3a38 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000125cc OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033

Guest danielbk

I was so busy looking at this thread (via the email alerts i received) that i didn't see the floating post in the main forum which solved it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!Daniel

>I was so busy looking at this thread (via the email alerts i>received) that i didn't see the floating post in the main>forum which solved it. >sorry, wich 'floating post' do you mean?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"