Sign in to follow this  

Why no 757 projects?

There are so many great freeware/payware projects available for us. But I have a question?Why is nobody doing a 757?The 757 seems to have been overlooked for the longest time. We have 2 high quality A320 packages available. Plus 767 pilot in command, the PSS 777 stuff etc.Am I the only one longs for a great 757 package?cheers!!

Piper22I'm absolutely with you on this one. The B757 is my all time favourate airliner.I too long for a full 757 package with virual cockpit etc, but it seems that we are in for a long wait :-(IMHO, the best so far is at IFDG's website (see link below) which I've gotta say is pretty good. The visual model and flight dynamics are excellent and if you search the Library, there is a Continental livery rigged up to the PIC panel with its own sounds etc, its not bad at all !!!http://www.4gigs.com/~ifdg/Best RegardsPaul Manton

Well POS is working on a 757 series not sure when that will be done. Another developer IFDG has a 757 it's not bad but IMHO the fuselage is too thin and the plane looking head on looks odd when I put it up to a FFG 757 or the Ariane 757.Dream Fleet has said it will not be doing a 757 or 767 since PIC has the 767 done and it is the best 767 package available. IMHO the only ones who can do it right is the PIC team. With the level of realism we have from PIC 767 I just do not see any other developer (except for DF) that can produce the same or better quality and PIC 767.I too am a big 757 fan :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Other than the FFG ones, there are a couple of others available (I believe all of these are avail in the Avsim library)..IFDG has several liveries available, and is a very nice model escapeair also has a wonderful AA 757, complete with very accurate sounds. They're also at flightsimmers.net/escapeairAgain, check the library, search for 757 in FS2000/2002 a/c.Dave

I know about those, but I'm talking about one with a virtual cockpit etc. Seems like we've gone Airbus crazy!!!! Although I love flying those as well. Even PIC 767 doesn't have a virtual cockpit, does it?

Agree totally with Piper22. The 757 is a fine aircraft, possibly my favorite of the modern era. I don't understand the lack of interest in this plane.

>Why is nobody doing a 757? >Because there is already excellent 767 (which can't be beat) and 767 and 757 are practically identical as far as cockpit, pilot rating is concerned. I have no clue why people can't use 767PIC on short hops and "pretend" to be a 757. I would say .. it it is all in your mind folks. Therefore I see little value in someone duplicating the PIC team effort. Michael J.

then why have there been 2 A320 commercial projects in the last 6 months? Plus a fantastic freeware one?It is lack of interest I'm afraid.

Guest Timbo

I agree with Michael. I heard there are only one or two gauge differences between the 757 and 767 and some weight differences. I'm sure these could be fixed or modified so making a whole new 757 cockpit would be kind of redundent. I think the developers have realized that, too.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated July 20th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

>>the developers have realized that...again, aren't 2 payware versions of the A320 in 6 months redundant?PIC is a great product, but virtual cockpits are becoming pretty useful now, and I think the community would embrace a nice 757 w/ all the fixins.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:The 757 is a wonderful plane... But a hard one to get right on FS. Very few have the nose correct or partially correct, and most are outdated. I don't want another panel, as I think PIC's does it. But I would love a GMAX model which uses the new features... All other Boeings have or will have accurate renditions on relatively recent technology but 757... Nobody dares, and those who do, won't come anytime soon. :( Oh well. Lots of good planes around, I guess I will have to wait many more months until I can fly a nice chrome AA757. :)Cheers,http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d45c0a74ed4e325.jpgAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

Come FS2004, it will all be moot anyway. MS went with 3D panels only in CFS3 and no 2D panels. If the same holds for FS2004, all our 2D panel aircraft will be obsolete, i.e., the PIC767 (although I hope I am wrong).

Eric 

>then why have there been 2 A320 commercial projects in the >last 6 months? A few possible explanations. There was not a single Airbus for so long so finally you get .. 2. Also the quest for this "perfect" fly-by-wire A3** simulation is still on and as soon as someone finally gets it "right" I am sure it will close the A3** chapter too. Anyone trying to do 757 would be inevitably judged by the 767PIC standard - very hard place to be.Michael J.

I'm puzzled by this one. :-hmmmThe 757 would make an excellent freeware project. We desperately need a gmax model with VC. It then should be possible to modify the PIC 767 panel to work I would think.I have recently found myself unwilling to fly aircraft that don't include good virtual cockpits. My aircraft folder now includes only a few aircraft that I actually fly, the PAI aircraft of coarse, and a couple of "lookers" like Mike Stone's Beech 1900D. Now there's another great candidate for a full package. :-)SteveCYYZ

From what I hear, the 757 flies like a rocket compared to the lumbering hog when comparing the 757-200 to the 767-200. The larger 767s fly better than the 767-200 but are nothing compared to the 757-200. That came from the 757/767 pilot who helped develop the 767 Pilot in Command plane.