Sign in to follow this  

Why no 757 projects?

hello,Well posky is coming out with a 757 soon.... I dont care much for vcs in their current state since you cant do anything with them. Every time you want to change something you gotta switch back to the 2d panel unless you already know the keyboard shortcut for whatever yo uwant to change (hdg,alt,speed, etc.). Hopefully Wilco will change that. In the mean time just make a good model.... Ill find the panel and sounds and Im good to go. :-)Andrew:-wave

Well, don't put too much weight on a 767 and it is a rocket too ...When I takeoff with around 300,000 lbs (good for a 3 hour flight) - I have hard time coping with exploding climb rate. ;-)Michael J.

Gentlemen, We may have a GMAX version coming very quickly... I cannot wait as it too is my favorite. SEE --> http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID9Take a peek and give "TONI" some encouragement-- we really need this one !!!Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I love the B757 too. Looking forward to a 757 aircraft with a 3D cockpit.Does anyone know: The B757-300, currently in production, does it have the same cockpit as the original 757's (and as modelled in PIC)? (I can't help but wonder, if Boeing had updated their cockpits to the 777 standard, if their competition might have been stronger in the race with Airbus.Thanks,Bruce.

>I love the B757 too. Looking forward to a 757 aircraft with >a 3D cockpit. >>Does anyone know: The B757-300, currently in production, >does it have the same cockpit as the original 757's (and as >modelled in PIC)? (I can't help but wonder, if Boeing had >updated their cockpits to the 777 standard, if their >competition might have been stronger in the race with >Airbus. >>Thanks, >>Bruce. Bruce I know the 767-400 has the 777 cockpit layout (reason why Delta opted for them so 777 pilots could fly them). Also customers have an option on the -200/300 (767) to opt for the 777 cockpit/cabin layout. I am not sure if this option is available on the 57's as well. I figure new customers might opt for the new cockpit layout. But those who have operated the 57 and 67's before Boeing offered the 777 style cockpit will stick with the old as it would be far to costly to retro fit the current fleet with the new flight deck, as well as having to re-train all the crews again.Boeings goal is to offer an across the board same cockpit layout (from the 717-777). The biggest problem is they are now playing catch up to Airbus on this. One of the biggest factors to customers for Airbus over Boeing are the common cockpit from the A318-A340, as well as Airbus willing to discount the aircraft so much that they break even on the cost of building them.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I was wondering the same thing and posted something similar in the PIC forum. The 57 is my favorite a/c too, so I feel exactly the same.For FS2000 we had the beautyfull FFG 757 with the air file of Escape Virtual airlines which merged with the PIC panel with no problems!Personally I don't care about Virtual Cockpit since you can't do anything in it. What I want are realistic flight model & Performance (as far as FS allows of course) and ability to use the PIC panel with it. The 752 shares exactly the same cockpit with 762/763. I believe that with very slight changes in some PIC gauges (FMC, EICAS etc) the PIC team could have released a true 757 panel. But as the product is marketed by Wilco, maybe they are not willing to allow/market that. Best case would be to be released as a patch/update for the existing PIC panel. But again it may not be in the hand of the PIC team. They may want to do it, but got a red light from Wilco.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Thanks John, good info on the panels, I didn't realize that the 777 cockpit had migrated into the 764 already."....as well as Airbus willing to discount the aircraft so much that they break even on the cost of building them."I hear you, John- no way to run a business, unless you can get subsidies somewhere, or profits don't matter.Thanks again,Bruce.Boulder, CO

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:I think the POSky 757 is not advancing. So 'soon' doesn't come into mind. FSDS is good for most liveries, but doing an AA in a GMAX aircraft really leaves you surprised... So the only hope is the IFSG GMAX 757. :)Cheers,http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d45c0a74ed4e325.jpgAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

757, thats all I want, nothing more, I want something made specifically for the 757.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

I remember reading that new 757-200 and 300 customers now have the option of whether to use the "classic" 757/767 flightdeck or to use the NG (777) one...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Actually theres a lot more groups developing the 757 than you think...from off the top of my head i know of 3-4 groups in the developement stage at the moment. 1. My group ISG (not fully functional at the moment :-lol )2. POSKY3. I think i heard that dreamfleet was doing one ??? Maybe maybe not4. And some other group....i'll go check it out to make sure, sorry i don't know the name lol....(not a very helpful post is it???) lol..... Regarding #4--I thin its Project Aircraft if i'm not mistaken....