Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Please help with 744X Load Manager problem

Guest AJ

Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but there seems to be an error in the load manager for the 744F.It only allows me to take on a maximum of 105,690 lbs of cargo. This is even less than the Pax version can carry! By comparison,the FS9 version of the -400F allows a max of 268,290 lbs of cargo. I am very confused. Please help me sort out what's going on.Andrew

Guest AJ

Thanks for the idea, but no thats not it. I double checked and lbs is clearly displayed.Andrew

Guest ross744

Yeah! Same here!I selected 747-400F Cargo and Full Cargo.The maximum cargo is only 105690lbs and the PAX weight is 9360lbs. If you change a bay from a green filled box to empty on the main cargo deck, instead of taking the weight from the Cargo weight, it takes it from the PAX weight?Therefore, the only cargo you are carrying is the weight of the cargo on the lower cargo deck, each of the bays on the main cargo deck are equvilent to the weight of a Passenger according to my loader - Andrew, I guess you get the same?Another guy at GCVA gets the same problem.Hope its an easy fix :)Ross S

Guest AJ

Okay. Glad to know its not just me. If someone from PMDG see's this, please let post here so that we know it is being looked at. It's kind of a bummer for VA folks who would like to start using this bird on their regular routes. Thanks,Andrew

Gents-I see what you report here as well. Unfortunately, I'll be traveling all next week, so I won't be able to check it out until I come back, after 12November.Please resurrect this thread if I don't respond then...Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest AJ

Thanks Lefteris,I don't suppose there is a back door way (config file) for users to rectify this in the meantime is there? Thanks,Andrew

Guest MJSchmitt

May add one more item with the cargo bird, when I loaded the aircraft (with the same issue as reported) no cargo showed up in the bays. After hitting send to FSX and save file. I even shut FSX down and restarted like we used too in FS9 and still no cargo in the aircraft. When I did hit send to FSX the plane did look like it gained weight by squatting some but still no cargo inside it. I was running the APU with both APU gens running.Other than that little problem, I had a great flight into Miami. Great job PMDG.

Guest AJ

>May add one more item with the cargo bird, when I loaded the>aircraft (with the same issue as reported) no cargo showed up>in the bays. After hitting send to FSX and save file. I even>shut FSX down and restarted like we used too in FS9 and still>no cargo in the aircraft. When I did hit send to FSX the>plane did look like it gained weight by squatting some but>still no cargo inside it. I was running the APU with both APU>gens running.>Other than that little problem, I had a great flight into>Miami. Great job PMDG.Yes I am seeing that problem too now. I hadn;t bothered to check earlier, but the gross weight does not seem to be changine. I have not tried it with the pax version yet. Perhaps someone could confirm if it is working?Andrew