Sign in to follow this  
beachdog2001

dll.xml correct, still have fatal error, now LDS767 won't run either

I have read the various posts about this issue and have corrected my dll.xml file (see attached). I still get the fatal error where FSX needs to start over when I select the PMDG 747 and now the LDS 767 gives a fatal error along with the message to reinstall it. Default planes work ok. I installed this on my Acer laptop (Intel Centrino Duo T2300, 1.66GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI x1400 512 MB, Windows XP Home) and the install went perfectly. However, I tried to install the 747 on my PC (HP Intel P4 3.2 GHz HT, 1 GB Ram, nVidia 6800GT, Windows XP Media Center Edition) to see which computer would run the sim better and I can't get past the fatal errors on this computer.The only difference I see between my dll.xml file and the other one that was posted earlier (Pete, plhk) is that on both of my computers I have three lines relating to the Microsoft SDK and the other gentleman did not. The dll.xml files from both of my computers now are the same and seem correct.As an extra note, when I installed the 747 to my PC, I did have to move the PMDG stuff from the top to the middle, as has already been suggested, but....it still won't run and now my LDS 767 is giving me the same fatal error. The Wilco PIC 737 runs though. On the install to my laptop, I did not have to move anything in the xml file.Here is the dll.xml from my PC that won't run the 747:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - Launchdll.xmlFalseFalse - PMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dll- PMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dll- PMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dll- FSCopilotFalseModulesFSCopilot.dll- Object Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll- Traffic ToolboxTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll- Visual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dll- Level-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dll- FSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dll- FeelThere PIC737X HelperFalse- FeelThereB737PIC737XH.dllI have no idea how to edit xml files other than some basic format issues that I have just learned. I am not sure what the "-"'s are or if they are important.Any help would certainly be appreciated.Thanks, Bill BarretteUnited-Virtual .com

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Bill,Those hyphens should not be there. Do those show up in Notepad? If they do get rid of them, there should be nothing preceding each XML tag.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I didn't really see those in Notepad when I edited the file but what I posted was copied out of the html version of the xml, so they must be there. I am not really sure what these are, TABs maybe?I'll have another look and report back.One thing that I noticed in the Notepad version of the orginal xml file was there was a small box added after every what should have been returns and the whole file was just one sentence after another with no paragrpahs or returns. I had to delete all of these and completely reformat the file so that it would look like the xml file that worked. Maybe this is what one person was referring to as "jumbled". Also the html version of the xml wold not open orginally and gave me an error about launcher.Addon incorrect or something like that. Later I noticed that the last PMDG entry did not have the designator at the end. I added this myself and then the html version opened.Strange why it works perfectly on one computer but not on another. I guess as a developer this must be really frustrating.Bill BarretteUnited-Virtual.com

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

I can't seem to find the hypens in Notepad. Below is what the file looks like in Notepad:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalsePMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllFSCopilotFalseModulesFSCopilot.dllObject Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllLevel-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllFeelThere PIC737X HelperFalseFeelThereB737PIC737XH.dll I also opened this document with Wordpad and Word Perfect and saw no hypens, even when using "reveal codes"I have attached the xml file as an html attachment and as a text file.EDIT--I just found out what those hypens are...they are to expand and contract the sublevels of the tree.Bill Barretteunited-Virtual.com

One thing that I did notice but forgot to mention was that during the initial start-up of the aircraft, ie when it is selected in the free flight menu, the initialization got through one, but only one, of the "trusted dll" steps before crashing with the fatal error. When I looked at the FSX.cfg file, only one of the 6 or 7 trusted PMDG dll's was listed. So, perhaps the crash is taking place during the writing of the second trusted dll step, I really have no idea. Deleting the text from the FSX.cfg file and letting PMDG do it again did not work, by the way. All the FSX.cfg and dll.xml are NOT set to Read Only.Maybe this will help, don't know.I have now completely unistalled anything to do with the PMDG 747X, including uninstalling liveries, deleting leftover program files and folders, removing the PMDG stuff from the dll.xml and the stuff under trusted dll in the FSX.cfg. The LDS 767 still will not run and it looks like I will have to reinstall that. The Wilco PIC 737 seems to run ok as does the rest of FSX.I am going to do a complete reinstall of the PMDG 747X without any liveries and see what happens.Bill BarretteUnited-Virtual.com

Ok, rather than try to tweeze out some obscure line of microcode somewhere, I uninstalled all of my addons, namely the Wilco 737, LDS 767, and PMDG 747 and reinstalled them one by one. The PMDG now works, thank God, but here is what I found in case some of you also have this problem.I installed the PMDG 747 first. The dll.xml file was written correctly and everything looked good, aircraft started up and initialzed, woohoo. I then installed the LDS767 and the WILCO 737 and all #### broke loose. The first four or five lines of the dll.xml file were missing, the whole file was jumbled and could not be opened by the html editor. After again modifying the xml file, which I now know how to do, lol, and adding back in the missing lines from a backed up copy of a previous dll.xml, all aircraft are now working properly.I believe that either the LDS 767 or the Wilco PIC 737, probably the LDS 767 as I believe I installed that right after the PMDG and things didn't work then, but I can't remember for sure now, messed with the dll.xml file, rendering it unusable. I repeat, this is NOT a PMDG problem.Ok, I will shut up now.Bill BarretteUnited-Virtual.com