Sign in to follow this  
Hollister

Error Extracting the Zip File

Hi PMDG,I bought the B747 FSX and can download the file okay, but when I go to extract it, I get an error about the file being corrupted.Has anyone else had this issue?I've used both winzip and winrar but not luck?Note, I've downloaded the file 3 times now with the same results?Thanks,Ed Grabel

Could be a firewall or AV problem, turn off any download managers too and try again. If you turn off the firewall and/or AV do a full check asap after download.I downloaded via Firefox, with standard Vista Firewall and using Avast AV with no problems, actually twice with no problems. The first time an incorrect file had been put on there. Someone from PMDG will speak to you about this, these are just general things that sometimes corrupt downloads.Reider

Ed,You usually get the CRC Error with a bad download. COuld be any reason for it really. Shoot an email to support@... for further assistance.Hope it helps,

Ed-I just took a look at your account- and was able to pull a full, uncorrupted copy from your download link. (We can do that on our end to test...)I realize that doesn't help solve your problem directly- but it does tell me that "something" is getting in the way between our distribution server and your hard-drive.Most often the case here are firewalls or active monitoring anti virus utilities. In our experience Norton is the worst offender here- so it might be worth a try shutting down whatever it is that monitors your download stream before you try again...(Note: We obviously ensure the archive is virus free- but just because the lawyers would require it- I strongly recommend that you also manually scan the downloaded file before installing it. ;-) There... now the lawyers can be happy too...)Keep us posted, Ed- we will stick with you as long as you are having trouble with it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you Robert for your reply.I am in a Hilton Garden Inn at the moment and on my laptop. I turned off pop-up blocked, firewall and Avast AV.Still no luck getting it to unzip.So my only conclusion is it's the hotels Internet connection.I will try another Internet connection when I get the opportunity.Although, I might need relief on the 7 days to download. I might not be home for another 2 weeks.Thanks again,Ed Grabel

Ed-Ah- hotel internet... I can't tell you how much frustration I've experienced with the vast difference in quality of hotel internet.Lefteris can tell you that the most profanity in my vocabulary is normally triggered by hotel internet. :-p(Okay- that and poor quality control in FS... but that's another story!)Drop Paul in tech support an email if/when you have an opportunity to redownload- even if you are at a different hotel. TELL HIM TO CHECK THE COMMENTS ON YOUR 400X ORDER, as I've left authorization there to extend more download courtesy to you when you get to a better location.Let us know if you need anything else, Ed- and stay away from the free hotel buffets... they are THE breeding ground for nasty germs!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com