Sign in to follow this  
MSW

747 Wont Load With Error/Other Addons Porked/ DLL.XML Won't Open

Your 747 FSX has apparently porked my FSX installation. I read the FAQ and posts about this and I tried to open the DLL.XML as suggested but it will not open in Notebook or XML editor.Please don't tell me that I have to reinstall FSX, Acceration + all of the addons that I have on it now.:-fume I have all of your previous releases and have never had any problems.Need help!!!!!!!!!Mike

Mike,What do you mean it won't open in Notepad? It's a text file, it has to.Hold down shift, right click on it and choose "Open With..." then choose Notepad...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I did it another way. I got it from my backed up C: drive which I briefly forgot about. I used the ddl.xml from it which was up to date prior to installing the 747. I then made the changes.It pays to backup the drive every once in a while.Mike

As far as I know I placed the correct lines in the right place in the dll.xml above the simbase.document line but the 747 does not load nor other addons.Help!Mike

Here's my dll.xml file. Anyone see anything wrong?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseObject Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllLevel-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dllMaddog 2006FalseFalseC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesLeonardoSH.dllFeelThere LegacyX HUDFalseFeelThereLegacyLegacyXHUD.dllFSForce DLLfalsefalseC:Program FilesFSForce 2.0FSForce.dllFeelThere PIC737X HelperFalseFeelThereB737PIC737XH.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllPMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllMike

I uninstalled the 747 and all associated files and replaced the messed up dll.xml with the backup one and still things are f**ked up. This is ridiculous! I need to get this resolved or a refund.Mike

Mike-you replaced the messed up dll.xml with the backup one - of COURSE things will be problematic, since our DLLs won't be loading any more.Please follow the advice on our Wiki 747-400X FAQ and you should be fine.Our Wiki is located at http://ops.precisionmanuals.com

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

No!, I UNINSTALLED the PMDG 747 entirely, including it's dlls, put the backup dll.xml (the same one that was installed prior to installing the PMDG 747) in and my other addons still won't load in FSX. PMDG 747 has been completely removed. It has apparently porked my FSX installation in some other way other than the dll.xml otherwise my other addons should now work but they don't.Mike

Mike-I will respectfully say that this is impossible. We don't touch any other FSX files so there must be some other factor at play here, unrelated to us. Please investigate further (as I don't have access to your PC :-)), and let us know.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

After many hours of trial and error using Flight1 XML editor I kept rearranging the DLL.XML without PMDG 747 on it into different orders and then trying it on FSX. I finally found an arrangement which worked so that all of my addons would load. I then reinstalled PMDG 747 which of course installed incorrectly on the DLL.XML. So I went through the trial and error of arrangements again in the DLL.XML. FINALLY I found the right combination so that now all of the addons AND PMDG 747 will load without incident.I believe that when the 747 loads it is messing up the DLL.XML somehow.Anyway here is my DLL.XML file. Perhaps it may help others with the same problem.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllLevel-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllObject Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllVisual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllTraffic ToolboxTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllFeelThere LegacyX HUDFalseFeelThereLegacyLegacyXHUD.dllFeelThere PIC737X HelperFalseFeelThereB737PIC737XH.dllFSForce DLLfalsefalseC:Program FilesFSForce 2.0FSForce.dllMaddog 2006FalseFalseC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesLeonardoSH.dllMike

Mike-we don't mess up your dll.xml - at least not intentionally. We're trying to locate an issue whereby if another addon has previously edited the file, it's left it without proper formatting (it's all become one single huge line) and thus caused this problem to manifest itself.We'll offer a solution that will take this under consideration soon, we expect.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg