Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

747X questions

hi PMDG Captains,first of all, congratulations on the new 747 release. and, thank you very much for the discount and the 747-9 update. your products and your support after the sale are 2nd to None. hopefully, those who purchsed the 747-9 CD version will be able to get the discount as well. don't know if the 1st two are 747 related probs. or a bad install.sorry if these have already been mentioned. 1. when loading up the -400F in the Load Mgr. a ZFW of 48?,000 Lbs. is displayed when it's fully loaded. the weight in "Lbs" is selected.2. with all 4 engines (GE variant) running and in "spot" view i set the fuel cutoff switches to "cutoff" and it appears that the "visual" spooling down of the engines is not in synch. with the "sound" of the engines spooling down (if that makes sense). it looks as if the N1 fans are spooling down to a certain RPM then remaining there for several seconds before spooling down further. i also noticed on the upper EICAS that it takes alot longer for N1 to show "0%" RPM on all 4 engines compared to the 747-9. 3. i had the same probs. with the Chrono., Comm. and TCAS readouts being blank at first but those were fixed with a restart as stated by others. btw, is there a way to slow down the Panning in the VC? if so, how?I'm running WinXP Home with SP2. thanks in advance for any info. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Tim,1. It actually says "48?,000" ? Can you post a screenshot of this?2. Noted, I'll ask Armen.3. Restart fixes it, font issue.VC pan rate - will have to look into this, ACES changed how this all works now and it's not in the cfg anymore.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

hi Ryan,i don't know how to post a screenshot-never tried it before. sorry. when i opened the Load Mgr. last night i tried loading the 400F 2 ways....1. i clicked on the "Full Cargo" tab and ZFW showed 48?,000 Lbs. 2. i clicked on every box on both upper and lower decks (made all the boxes turn green) the same ZFW weight was displayed as mentioned above.do you have to run FSX first then open the Load Mgr. to load the 747?after giving up on loading the 400F i tried to load the Pax the same way for a flight with a 509,008 lb. ZFW. (i did not run FSX first). after i loaded up FS and the 747 when i got to the FMC Performance page that has the ZFW field i had a 394,088 Lb. ZFW instead. thanks for the info. and help.btw, concerning the engine spooling/sound synchronization in my initial post (item no.2) i was playing around with the 747 that has the P&W's today. in the "forward" right wing view i noticed the same thing after cutting the fuel to the engines. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Tim,When it displayed 48?,000 Lbs Push the Print Screen key on keyboard. And then go into Microsoft Paint "edit" "paste"& save the screen shot. Host it on Image Shack http://www.imageshack.us/& post it here.Dilip

Dilip,when i clicked on your "host it" link i got a msg. saying "page cannot be diplayed". i'm gonna try to post it here at the PMDG support forum in this thread. Tim

Tim-I posted this reply in two other threads, but in case you missed it, the Load Manager issue with Cargo loads has been identified and fixed for "whenever an update is released" :-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

hi Lefteris,sorry about that. i did miss it...twicedid you see the prob. i mentioned about the Load Mgr. for the Pax in one of my previous posts in this same thread? do you have to run FSX prior to loading the 747X? thanks in advance for the help. happy flyin, Tim