Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray_CYYZ

Question: 747 vs 747F

Guest Ray_CYYZ

When I load up the 747, I get values displayed for IAS/HDG/ATL.When I load up the 747F, these displays are blank.Clue me in please as nothing I seem to do gets values to display.Ray Gardner

Ray,While this isn't a direct answer, I think the Freight verion might be suffering from quirks right now.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Thanks for the reply, I'm just wondering if it is me being silly or not. One tends to forget the basic stuff as age increases.Since no one has a direct reply, I thought perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my question so ... Pax vs Frt screen clip ... notice no numbers in the LCD version of the panel ... is it a "me being silly" or "Robert working without sleep" issue?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179741.jpgRay

Here's another thought: it could be a feature.The Freight version of the panel is more modern and PMDG actually modeled the MCP in the Freight version as a seperate subgauge.In the real plane, those numbers on the PAX version are tumbling labels and not LEDs. The freight model is using LEDs to display MCP information: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0941118/L/Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Oh yeah, Chapter 13 in the manual describes some of this, but not directly.What I'd like to know is the purpose of the new smal round button above the V/S mode square button. I don't see it mentioned in the manual and it seems to do nothing in the sim.Jeff

Jeff Bea

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Duh ... reboot solved it, pretty blue numbers now there. Noticed in another thread that it is a special font. Not rebooting meant the font wasn't registered yet.Ray

Guest AJ

>Oh yeah, Chapter 13 in the manual describes some of this, but>not directly.>>What I'd like to know is the purpose of the new smal round>button above the V/S mode square button. I don't see it>mentioned in the manual and it seems to do nothing in the>sim.>>JeffI wondered about that button too, actually. Probably a customer oprtion since the PAX does not have it. Would be nice if one of the experts would comment.Andrew

It's not a button, it's an ambient light sensor ;)Cheers.Q>

The LCD displays need main electrical bus power (do you have this applied to the aircraft?).The old electromechanical type displays behave in strange ways with power off (sometimes some of the digits disappear with the removal of power). Irrespective, however, the displays will not move when you turn the knobs without main bus power applied.Cheers.Q>

Thanks Q,That clears it up.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I have not been able to get any of the comm equipment to display properly in either model (including the chronometer) - and the same thing is happening with the freight model: radio/MCP displays are dark regardless as to whether power is applied or not.The solution of cycling the standby button does not have any effect.