Sign in to follow this  
Guest receptor99

FSX/PMDG 747-400 X localizer problem. Plane landing just to the side of the runway

Guest receptor99

Hello all,I want to say thanks to PMDG for a great new product. I am having trouble landing using the autoland feature, and was hoping to get some help. The plane keeps landing just to right of the runway. I am trying to land at OEJN 16 L. I have tried using both manual inputs for waypoint into the runway, and the STAR procedure for an ILS approach at 16 L and both ways the plane lands just to the left of the runway. The localizer aligns just to the left of the runway, but reads runway headingI have checked the NAV radios which are tuned to the ILS frequency and, the AIRAC cycle is up to date. I came across a post about a similar problem with FS9/PMDG 747 which was related to Magnetic deviation, and the suggestion was to just delete scenery.dat and it should have fixed the problem. People apparently have also just copied magdec.bgl to fix the problem.I am wondering if 1. Anyone is having similar problems?2. Is there a scenery.dat file in FSX? How could I correct a potential Magnetic deviation problem in FSX?ThanksTabraiz

Do you have the approach chart for OEJN ILS16L? There are a few approaches that have offset localizers (there's even one at KJFK). There's no way to use autoland in this case.Not as good, but you can look at the Map view of the airport and perhaps see if the localizer symbol is offset from the runway.I'm suspecting this rather than mag deviation because the localizer should take you to the runway (as long as the antenna is in line with the runway) but offset localizers have the antenna to the side of the runway.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest receptor99

Thanks for the response Dan.I do have an approach chart for OEJN 16L. I use NavData's chart. I will look at the map view to see where the localizer is set.I was able to autoland on all of OEJN runways with FS9/PMDG, which is why I thought this was related to mag deviationThanks again,Tabraiz

Dear Tabraiz,On some runways in FSX the localiser is displaced. The AP LOC system follows the needle -- wherever this amy lead. During beta testing we found some runwways at CYVR were problematic as well. Who knows out of 1000's of airports how many more.Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest receptor99

Dan/Vangelis - thanks for your responsesI did check the position of the localizer and its right on the runway. I did manage to fix the problem, although I am not sure what it was exactly. Uninstalling and re-installing both FSX and PMDG 747-400X took care of it.Thanks again for the help.Tabraiz

I'm glad you got the problem fixed, but how odd. Thanks for updating the status.

Dan Downs KCRP