Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

How do we activate the automatic throttle "screw"

Guest cliffie1931

I can't remember how to activate the "screw" above and between the F/D lever and the A/T ARM levers in order to initiate the take off roll.Consequently I control the throttle manually. Please.......... how do I set up so that the engines react to the "screw"?Cliff

Hi CliffIf it's about the new FSX beauty you are talking about, you should notice that the clickspot for the TO/GA now is moved back down to the throttles. In the first version of the FS9 version, the clicksot where placed infront of the throttles where they are in reallife, but these where very hard to push, therefore the move to the screw. :)So where are the clickspot now, in the back of the two middle throttle levers, this I think is a compromise between as real as it gets and practicality :)Regards Audun Sj

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks Audun.Got it!Regards............Cliff

The clickspot is still that upper-left screw in the 2D cockpit, they moved it in the VC down to the throttle quadrant, where it is on the real throttles.

Guest cliffie1931

Spot on Peter.Problem solved!Cliff

hi Peter,sorry, but the correct TOGA switch location on the real thing is at the front of the throttle levers. positioned correctly in the FS9 version. i hope it's placed back in the correct position for the FSX version with another clickspot for it somewhere else in the VC. happy flyin, FM

I like this bird, but I would have liked a little more than a screw as a hotspot. If only a proper switch, even a small round one. I understand the issues but a little tiny switch would be preferable here. Got to be honest guys..... Reider

I understand, but the thinking is since there is no button on the real panel they didn't make one up.I finally assigned TOGA to CTRL+T, whatever MSFS was using it for wasn't doing anything for me. My panel switch for throttles is T. Nice, simple, consistent.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest AJ

>hi Peter,>>sorry, but the correct TOGA switch location on the real thing>is at the front of the throttle levers. positioned correctly>in the FS9 version. i hope it's placed back in the correct>position for the FSX version with another clickspot for it>somewhere else in the VC.>>> happy flyin, FMThere is no point in putting it in the correct place, becasue it is quite simply unreachable within the virtual cockpit unless the throttles are at idle, or unless you move your eyepoint forwad of the throttles. I think the current solution is a very satisfactory compromise. Of course we are all welcome to our own opinions.Andrew.

Guest AJ

>I like this bird, but I would have liked a little more than a>screw as a hotspot. If only a proper switch, even a small>round one. I understand the issues but a little tiny switch>would be preferable here. Got to be honest guys..... >>ReiderHere is a little trivia for you. The truth is that the screw hotspot has a rather long tradition at PMDG. They began using this technique way back when they were producing addons for Fly! and Fly!II. By the way, for those who dream of a PMDG-built 777, they made a beauty of one for Fly!II (and yes the same screw was used for the TO/GA button).Andrew