Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray_CYYZ

Parking brake ... hmm ... now where did i leave it?

Guest Ray_CYYZ

I put SHOW_BRAKE_MESSAGE=0 in the FSX.CFG and it seems to break the parking brake logic within the aircraft.When I have that in the cfg, the annoying FS message is gone, but so is the PARK BRAKE SET message and the warning callout and also the 2D click spot on the Throttle no longer works.This one of those "Microsoft did it wrong" things we have to live with? I really hate seeing that red text message at the bottom of the screen.Ray

Ok, I changed my fsx.cfg when I put Accelerator on, so I had to dig to find this old one I used. Try this as an alternative to the one you currently use. The only drawback, you lose the x2, x3, speed messages and one or two others, you may want to anyway. The parking brake definately goes and in the past this hasn`t affected any other plane. Just try it and see, then let us know.....You need to look for [MAIN] then add the following at the end of the two HideMenu.... instructions. Ignore the non displayed square brackets wrapping MAIN and the Display device, all you`re bothered about is the line in bold......HideInfoText=1Thus, here is an example (please do not use all of it....MainUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscProcSpeed=3864PerfBucket=5Maximized=1Location=64,3,1231,906,.DISPLAY1HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1HideInfoText=1DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT .0Mode=1024x768x32Reider

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Thanks that one doesn't break it, but it's a tad brutal :-ukliam Lets hope it's some silly little 2 second fix on PMDG's end to do it the nice way.Ray