Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

DLL.XML Problems in FSX (What, Where and How to Fix)

Guest flightgamer

BOY, you'd think this developer listed above would conduct simple tests... Oh well, good job on the diagnostics.....

Guest flightgamer

>Finn->>You make my point perfectly!>>DLL.XML is going to be an Achilles Heel forever and ever,>amen...>>When order matters in something like this- it strikes me as>bad programming....>>I totally Agree... I believe a developer has a an obligation to they're paying customer to ensure they're software is compatible with other developers software... To not ensure your software conforms around YOUR sim strikes me as somewhat selfish. ESPECIALLY when we talk about .dll and other very important files, you must especially be cautious when dealing with config type files. Oh well, we all learn, but this developer seems to have a questionable trend. Well, i know which developer i will never buy from again.... :-8

>Mike,>>A carriage return is an invisible "new line" character>basically. It's what happens when you press enter in most word>processing apps.>>The term comes from old typewriters where the carriage (the>part that moves and holds the hammers that strike the paper)>would return to the far left of the machine and roll the paper>down one line.Ryan and Robert,Taking cr/lf or lf data out *shouldn't* be out of step with section 3.3.3 of the 4th (2006) edition of the XML standard. There have been a few patches to MSXML (ver 4 and 6) due to these libraries being out of compliance with the W3C XML standard (at least this is what I gather from a gander at msdn).However, including cr/lf maintains the spirit and intent of xml: to be machine and HUMAN readable/editable.applicable W3C standard: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#AVNormalizeJeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I know this thread may be somewhat old, but here is how I fixed my problem. I was getting the error of "...cannot find pmdgoptions.dll, pmdgevents.dll... etc." This was after installing the Wilco/Feelthere E-Jets. My MD-11 and 744, both for FSX would not work. Now, this may seem a little stupid, but this helped me. I was checking out this thread on how to fix it and was a little frustrated I may have to reinstall everything. Anyway I opened the main DLL.XML file under notepad that is in the FSX.CFG folder. I was trying to figure out how I could do this when at the very end of the lines I saw that the ending had a random "e" in there. </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>eAs you can see after the last line there was this "e" for no reason so I removed it and saved the DLL.XML file and it worked. Even went back and added/removed that random "e" just to make sure it was the culprit, and sure enough it was. This all happened after installing the E-Jets pack from Wilco/Feelthere. As for the other add ons that you say are causing this, I personally do not know because I don't have them, but this could be the same problem. Like I said, I know it sounds stupid just for one letter to cause this, but that was my problem and my fix. :(

I really need some here over here with the Dll.xml file of my FSX,I installed an audio software called cielosim ATC(The Brazilian Portuguese version) and that was the beginning of my woes.

Since then,my FSX has failed to load the following modules PMDGOptions.dll, PMDGEvents.dll and PMDGSound.dll,I've tried just about every trick in the book to correct the issue to no avail;it hurts so badly that whenever I set my eyes on the FSX icon on my Desktop,a wave of depression rushes over me;can anyone out there offer some suggestions and least I forget,my FSX menu is now in Portuguese which irks me like crazy. 

HELP PLEASE!!!,

A happy new year in advance to all on this forum.,

Regards,

Lamaz

Best course of action,

create a ticket on support.precisionmanuals.com

attach dll.xml

wait for result.