Sign in to follow this  
downscc

747X VC Freezes

Observed after 03Nov update in the -400FX: While using VC Main Panel or Overhead they will sometimes freeze. I first noticed while doing checklist and found dump valves closed during preflight, I checked the 2D Overhead screen and they were open as should be. Next while in flight using VC main panel, I opened a top-view window and noticed that IAS, ALT, etc were frozen although I was accelerating and climbing. I closed the top-view window but no change. I switched to 2D to verify it's presentation was okay then switched back to VC and it unfroze and didn't have another problem. This was just a short flight delivering a new UPS freighter to KONT. Is this a known bug (in which case I'll just report it) or is this a new bug report in which case I'll try to find causation?This is a minor squawk, the 03Nov update is verry nice. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest AJ

I encountered this too, but it turned out that the problem was that I had moved my eyepoint too far back (Ctrl+Enter) so that it intersected with the seat. This was interfereing with my ability to flip switches and press buttons.Andrew

I've seen this as well.. all the displays will just freeze and I didn't notice at first, then wondered why I could hear engines ramping up but the EICAS wasn't displaying it. If you click on the displays the larger version that appears works, but displays within the VC don't. To get them to work again, you have to go to the 2D view then back the VC and all is well again.. Strange..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

On a long trip, KORD-PANC, I could force the freeze by opening a top-view window then the VC main panel is frozen. I got in the habit of using the A-key for the MCP view then SHIFT-A to return to unfreeze the main panel. Very consistent error.In the FS9 version I always flew 2D, but the 400X VC panel is so nice I'm going to be always using it. Very Nice.

Dan Downs KCRP

>In the FS9 version I always flew 2D, but the 400X VC panel is>so nice I'm going to be always using it. Very Nice.>>Dan, it's even nicer with 'TIR4' ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png