Sign in to follow this  
Guest SilverCircle

New tool for 744 pilots

Guest SilverCircle
http://topcat.ofplan.net/index.phpThis might be of interest for most readers on this forum :) Looks like a nice tool (I just discovered this a short while ago as it was posted to another forum).Apparently, it supports the PMDG 744 but I can not yet say how accurate/useful it is compared to using tables.While one can buy a license, the free version fully works w/o any limiations.

Guest AJ

It is a very good tool, but it is not new. It has been around for quite a while.Andrew

Guest SilverCircle

>It is a very good tool, but it is not new. It has been>around for quite a while.Ah, ok. Then the info in the other forum was probably misleading or just referring to the update released NOV03.

I didn't know about it, so thanks for the heads-up!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi,Very good program indeed especially if you are not a dispatch expert. A lot of automated entries which help the casual user. Alll-in a nice add-on.Michael

Fellow Captains:For those not using TOPCAT- I usge you to give it a try! Christian has gone above and beyond to give it accurate functionality with PMDG's 747-400/F. It also now interfaces with a brilliant ACARS program out there!Currently only the GEs are modeled, but there will be a Rolls-Royce variant update soon and eventually Pratts! Keep in mind though, there will be slight differences as PMDG currently uses one thrust model for all 3 engine variants.With automatic Vatsim (or NOAA) metar TOPCAT is brilliant for derated T/O calculations and auto-brake selections, with accurate performance computations, allowing for accurate safety MARGIN calculations.One of our own (Richard) is busy writing the manual update and Christian is fabulous about regular updating.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Just a note to everyone interested - the User Guide is now available at the TOPCAT site at http://topcat.ofplan.net .Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx