Sign in to follow this  
Guest dal121

Run out of memory

Guest dal121

HI Guy's I was on a flight las night from EGLL to KJFK.Approx 2 hours into the flight and well established across the pond i got a pop up box stating something along the lines of "Run out of memeory. FSX will restart"This is the first time i have seen this. Given that i was over water and getting 38fps i don't believe the system was under any pressure at all.any ideas? It bugging the #### out of me. Can only fly short flights at the minute for fear of crashing out!Thanks in advance.

Guest stefaandk

Exact same issue here, 2 gig of ram on XP and this XP boot is dedicated to flightsim even so no other programs are running.Not sure if the patched version has the same problem as I have so many other issues currently that I am awaiting an answer on.

Guest dal121

This was the patched version.

Have you tried re-installing?My first installation of 747X caused a "fatal error" after about 40 minutes of flight time. I un-installed all my add-ons (but not FSX itself) and then re-installed them in this order: XGraphics, ActiveSky X, MyTraffic X, Heathrow 2008 X, Flight Environment X, PMDG 747X, Level-D 767, FS-Inn. I then updated the DLL.XML file to get FS Inn to play nicely with the Level-D 767. So far, this has done the trick - BUT my flights have all been under 2 hours.RgdsTim Morshead

Guest dal121

HI Tim, Thanks i will give it a go

Hi Guys,I was having that problem with my payware aircraft and found a trick that fixed all memory problems as you indentify.If you run FSX or FS9 on a separate drive, then go the the drive screen and make sure your drive is "NOT INDEXED" also make sure you have virtual ram turned on for the drives that you have the software on. I have had zero problems

Hi guys,Could you fellas at PMDG have a look at this issue. I have had the error happen to me after an hour or so both times I flew the 747-400. I am not experiencing this issue with any other addon. BTW, I love the FSX version, you guys have done an amazing job. Hope you can find a solution.Many thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

>Given that i was over water and getting 38fps i don't believe>the system was under any pressure at all.Framerate and location in the sim really don't have much to do with it. Framerate especially not - low framerates aren't necessarily indicative of more RAM use. You could put some old video card in your machine and get super low FPS yet have no more memory use than with the latest 8800 card. On top of that it's usually video memory that will get saturated in a low framerate situation, not the main system RAM.If you want, use something like Sysinternals' Process Explorer to actually watch the memory usage of the application - I've seen it peak before at high altitude nowhere near cities or anything for reasons unknown.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com