Sign in to follow this  
HamSammich

FSX 744 Bugs

First off, congrats. It's mostly good. Excellent, even. But wow, some of the little bugs and rough spots really stick out.1) Numbers on the N1, N2 gauges are obscured by their respective vertical bars, which aren't quite aligned. They're a couple notches low, top to bottom. 2) The Yoke's On Me. Your yoke is so prominent in the field of view that it frequently obscures a clean look at the FD/Primary display. Worse, it's offset--blocking the vertical speed on the Captain's side and the speed tape on the First Officer's. You might try lowering it a bit, or moving it backward in the Z-Axis. 3) The performance knob in the options menu should be labeled! Is it lower for more gauge/less outside framerate or vice versa?4) The custom keys ought to offer custom joystick button mappings, too. 5) Level-D, with just as many gauges and just as much functionality still manages to eke out better frame-rates/fluidity from their craft.As for the positives, it seems to fly by the numbers (perhaps a little too heavy on the roll axis, says a 744 F/O I know, but close); amazing animations, sounds, visuals and systems. That goes without saying.

Guest Scousefox9

Firstly, please sign your posts with your name - forum rules.I can't comment on points (1) - (3) with the desired confidence because I believe there's no set right or wrong merely opinion; I don't fly the aircraft in the real world so maybe I'm wrong and if several pilots support your claims I'll gladly withdraw this paragraph.In response to (4) & (5) above, many joysticks (and possibly yokes) come with profilers which map keys to buttons. I personally use this method and so far it has be flawless. As for comparing PMDG with Level-D, in my opinion there is no comparison; more formally, you can't compare two different sophisticated aircraft, just like no two people are the same - respect each as an individual :(.Regards,

In response to 1) what is your font size within windows? 120 or 96 dpi? I think you'll find setting it to the standard 96dpi will fix your problems.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

#2: Click on the top of the yoke and it retracts down, just like the FS9 version, which will uncover the displays.

Thanks. The font-size fixed it. I was running at 120, to spare my aging eyes. And thanks for the tip on retracting the yoke.Marshall

>First off, congrats. It's mostly good. Excellent, even. But>wow, some of the little bugs and rough spots really stick>out.>>1) Numbers on the N1, N2 gauges are obscured by their>respective vertical bars, which aren't quite aligned. They're>a couple notches low, top to bottom. Font/dpi issue as stated above.>2) The Yoke's On Me. Your yoke is so prominent in the field of>view that it frequently obscures a clean look at the>FD/Primary display. Worse, it's offset--blocking the vertical>speed on the Captain's side and the speed tape on the First>Officer's. You might try lowering it a bit, or moving it>backward in the Z-Axis. Click it in the VC and it will lower it.>3) The performance knob in the options menu should be labeled!>Is it lower for more gauge/less outside framerate or vice>versa?It is the number of times the system will try to update the gauges per FS frame. It's not a framerate control for the sim.>4) The custom keys ought to offer custom joystick button>mappings, too.Use FSUIPC or your joystick's driver to map keypresses to it. Doing this right in our mapping utility would require mucking with a bunch of FS's internal things.>5) Level-D, with just as many gauges and just as much>functionality still manages to eke out better>frame-rates/fluidity from their craft.Really not gonna get into this except to say that some of our core systems modeling is more in depth and that our VC is definitely more detailed in terms of polygonal switches and animations etc. Same goes for the visual model animations and so on.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com