Sign in to follow this  
Guest kittie

Multi Monitor issues

Guest kittie

Hi!I was wondering if anyone is having multi monitor issues. When I fly, I fly in VC with my screen stretched between the two monitors 3200x1600. I'm using the nvidia 7950 1gig video card. I always flew this way in FS9. Now in FSX with the PMDG I seem to be having problems. The sim just crashed on me. If I undock the panels and then close them, when I open them again they are zoomed in so I am only seeing the corner of the panel (ie The Fmc). The overhead panel just won't display after I close it and try opening it again. I did go into the prefference and select display muti monitor.:-wave huggsKittie

Guest kittie

Guess I'm the only one having this issue.FSX just froze when I turned onto the rwy. Guess I will have to just take a step back and fly in VC with one monitor only.:(

I have found FSX to be very capricious with multi-monitors.The problem I have had, is that FSX does not natively realise that my 2nd monitor (an 8" touchscreen which I use as an FMC) is in "vertical" orientation.The solution for me, was to find the appropriate entries in the "FSX.CFG" file and manually edit the resolutions. The relevant entries are pretty easy to identify. I found the setting for the 8" was set to 1024x768x32. I changed it to 768x1024x32, and all now works.What is worse, is that the Acceleration Pack messes around with these settings. It also changes the names of the 2 monitor entries. Worse still, it messes around with them differently depending on whether the DSX10 preview is selected. In particular, DX10 gets into a muddle about which is my primary and which is my secondary monitor. It is actually a pretty poor show by MS, I am afraid.However, although it is tiresome to have to do so, I can restore the correct the position by re-editing the FSX.CFG file. You may have to use a little trial and error, including by re-starting FSX a few times, before your edits "stick".Obviously I don't know whether your problem is comparable, but I hope this is helpful.RgdsTim Morshead