Sign in to follow this  
Guest feglijc

FSX not found during installation

Guest feglijc

Hello,I bought the 747-400X yesterday and failed to install because the installer can not find " a valid FSX version". I do have a valid installation of FSX french version, updated with proper SP1. Curiously, the installer does not even let me show the right path. It stops immediately.Please help.Best regards - jean Claude

Guest feglijc

This is addressed to the PMDG support responsible :- if you do not let any contact possibilities on your site- if use this forum for support,YOU should at least give me an answer. You have received good money for this 747-400X download. I should at least be able to install. Don't you think so ?regards

Jean Claude,Sorry you're having problems - there's a reason for the lack of response though:There is a stickied post at the top of this forum explaining that most of the PMDG team (including our two email support people) are in Seattle this whole week attending and exhibiting at the AVSIM DevCon and FanCon conventions. This is why you haven't gotten a response if you emailed them.Problems like this usually require email support's help to resolve, but I can offer one suggestion that I think might be causing this:1. Go to Start/Run and type "regedit" and hit enter. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft Games and verify that there is an "FS10" folder there. If that folder isn't there or it's empty with nothing in it etc, then something has corrupted your FSX registry entries and you'll need to reinstall the sim to fix it.There are known issues with FSX where this will sporadically happen - I've had to reinstall about 5 times myself over the past year since FSX came out due to this sort of issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest feglijc

That's OK Thanks. I understand now. You know I am not that familiar with the forum things I and I try to do my best to progress in this labyrinth.I just checked and of cours there is no FS10 folder. Just FS9. It may have dissapeared when I deleted the demo FSX I guess.If I reinstall, I have to reinstall all the add-on right ?Would there be any possibility to patch the installation software so that it do not require this condition ? Just asking the path to reach FSXBest regards - JC

Jim,I believe that utility only fixes the FS9 exe path issue, not the issue of the entire FSX or FS9 key getting deleted...Uninstalling the FSX demo after installing the full FSX will definitely erase the registry info.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest feglijc

Hello,Sorry for the late reply while I was travelling. It works great !!!I have now installed the 747-400X. My god, I am so exited to test it now.Thank you Best regards - JC