Sign in to follow this  
Guest davrob42

pmdg/level d conflict

Guest davrob42

Hi allHave been using the pmdg product for a while now,no probs.Purchased Level D 767 and installed,now when i start FS 2004 i get the following.Level D Sim ModuleBad Licence for B767-300 FS 2004 will now exitOKThenerror fs9Fs unable to load some a/c or software you can continue to use fs but some a/c or software will be disabledfile pmdgoptions.dllOKFS then quitsAny ideasDave

Dave,Sounds like something you need to ask Flight 1 about... the license error in particular makes me think something's amiss with their validation system...I'm using both products with no issue at all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That issue is covered well in the 767 forum, theirs descriptions of the remedies available and a license reset tool. Its a problem that sometimes besets owners no matter if they have the 747 or not. I too have both and no problems.Reider

I have been running PMDG products: MD-11, 747-400 and the 8...After downloading Level-D 767-300...I had no problems with license, flying for several weeks...Decided to access the MD-11...That's when the problem started...I couldn't access the pmdg product...The plane wouldn't load...Must be a conflict somewhere....I am not a computer programming expert so will research the various forums and locate a solution..Bob Adamsp.s. Waiting for the release of the "new" pmdg 737...

Bob Adams

Bob,Submit a support ticket please, it's probably a dll.xml issue.
I finally decided to completely remove FSX and all payware and start over....After installing the fsx deluxe version with acceleration...(Had to change a setting in the registry to enable registration of the 3rd cd acceleration) both products registered...Installed Level-D 767 without any other payware aircraft or scenery...Ran Level-D for 2 or 3 days...No problems...Installed license copy of FSUIPC....accessed Level-D 767 flew for several hours...The panels look great, very clear numbers and etc inside the FMSInstalled PMDG 747-400X....The program installed correctly with no error messages...The overhead panels in 2D looks excellent...all buttons, numbers and etc in the correct location...Press the FMS button...all letters are very large, run together and hard to read...I attempted to extend the size of the FMS ...No change....The numbers on the captain's main panel are correct and looks very good...The problem is the letters on the Upper EICAS (messages before engine start-up) these letters are very large and somewhat distorted....Before I purchased and installed the Level-D program, I had PMDG MD-11, PMDG 747-400X and the extension 8...However, extension 8 was loaded after PMDG 747-400X and same problem exist...Below is a copy of my dll.xml file<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSCopilot</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>I am not a computer expert, but from what I have read this file looks ago...Yes the CRLF are correct...just doesn't show up...Computer homemade machine....I7980X with 12GB, GTX480 with 1G OS is Windows 7 running 64bit...I have tried various video settings within the fsx program and using Nvidia control panel...Two monitors Acer X203W and LG Electronics...FSX runs on the LG LCD monitor which is set at the native setting of 1920X1080(native setting) like I said I had no problems with the appearance of letters and numbers in the PMDG 747-400X..

Bob Adams

Bob,I can't tell if the dll.xml is correct or not from just seeing the text pasted, I have to see the file itself. The formatting characters are invisible and do not show when you copy+paste the contents of the file like that.I replied to your ticket earlier about the font size issues.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com