Sign in to follow this  
Guest hench289

LNAV problem?

Guest hench289

I am having a problem with LNAV, I have previously posted about the 747x homing to the next waypoint. I posted a picture of it homing and got no responds. It is still homing to the next waypoint and on the MFD the aiplane doesnt follow the line properly. I have posted a pic of the display and what im seeing. Any ideas PMDG support?Kevin H

The only thread I see is one where you post a picture of the FS map, not a panel shot, while complaining about the entire sim and claiming that the problem can't be user error. I don't know about the developers, but in general I find it hard to troubleshoot a problem when the user reports a problem that few, if any, have reported, and doesn't really give the information needed to work on it, and immediately discounts the possibility that they'd possibly be doing anything wrong.

Guest hench289

What would a panel shot have shown. Support said the airplane doesnt home. The picture i posted showed the straight line between the two waypoints and the red line was my flight path. This was to prove that the airplane was homing! That was a 90nm stretch and the airplane couldnt track a straight line with a 90kt crosswind. i said there wasnt any user error because they said i was doing something wrong and that i dont know how the airplane navigates. As for no one else having the same problem, why dont you go fly with a 90kt crosswind and fly between two waypoints that are some distance apart and post a picture of your flight path. Kevin H

OK, so you have a 90 knot crosswind and the aircraft isn't applying enough of a crosswind correction, they've acknoweldged this issue (which your original message said had no replies to), so might I ask what more do you expect at this point? I'm not trying to be an #### here, but I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Guest hench289

>OK, so you have a 90 knot crosswind and the aircraft isn't>applying enough of a crosswind correction, they've>acknoweldged this issue (which your original message said had>no replies to), so might I ask what more do you expect at this>point? I'm not trying to be an #### here, but I'm not quite>sure what the problem is.>Can you post me a link where they said they have acknowledge this issue please. And if they did acknowledge it why would support tell me that i was wrong and the airplane doesnt home. If it doesnt apply enough crosswind correct then it is homing. Dont think you are being an *****. If they did address that there was a problem im sorry and i take back the comments but i have looked through the forum and havent seen anything about it that why i have posted again about the issue.Kevin

Can you post a link to the original thread, including the panel screenshots showing the LNAV/VNAV MCP status, ND with wind correction, and the aircraft being offset from the magenta line?

Guest hench289

>Can you post a link to the original thread, including the>panel screenshots showing the LNAV/VNAV MCP status, ND with>wind correction, and the aircraft being offset from the>magenta line?> I didnt post those screenshots, the only one i posted was the one with the FS map showing the airplane was homing. Support said the airplane doesnt home so i showed them a picture that is does home. I am flying it right now and i have a 30 kt quartering tailwind and its getting blown off the line which is going to cause it to home will post a pic. Can you please post a link to where they sadi they acknowledge this issue!!Kevin This picture i just posted i just passed my previous waypoint and you can see im getting blown off the line which is causing me to home.

Interesting, I've never see that behaviour and have had over 100 knot winds (ASX near that tropical depression which blew through BOS yesterday).I mis-read your message, I thought you had said they acknoweldged the issue not that they said it didn't home. Apologies. I really should have more coffee before posting. Still, I've had some good jet streams through my flights and haven't been off the magenta line at all. Hopefully with a screenshot of the aircraft actually doing it some additional minds can jump in now.One thought - your leg is over 500NM. Is it homing or is it doing great-circle with the magenta line drawn incorrectly? Does it do it over shorter legs?

Guest kcwestin

I having the exact problem as you described also. It looks like your attached picture for me too. I used FSBuild 2.3 to make the flightplans, I dont know if thats the problem but FSBuild works in other addons. I havent tried a FSX generated flightplan yet.Christer W

Guest hench289

>Interesting, I've never see that behaviour and have had over>100 knot winds (ASX near that tropical depression which blew>through BOS yesterday).>>I mis-read your message, I thought you had said they>acknoweldged the issue not that they said it didn't home. >Apologies. I really should have more coffee before posting. >Still, I've had some good jet streams through my flights and>haven't been off the magenta line at all. Hopefully with a>screenshot of the aircraft actually doing it some additional>minds can jump in now.>>One thought - your leg is over 500NM. Is it homing or is it>doing great-circle with the magenta line drawn incorrectly? >Does it do it over shorter legs?Yes it is homing, my picture i posted of the FS map was only a 90nm stretch. Hopefully someone from support can point me in the right direction. It was doing it before the update and is still doing after the update so uninstalling/reinstalling error is not the case.

Your picture was a zoomed stretch of a 500NM leg. It would be intersting to see if it does it when your waypoints are only, say, 100NM apart.

Guest hench289

>Your picture was a zoomed stretch of a 500NM leg. It would>be intersting to see if it does it when your waypoints are>only, say, 100NM apart.>it does do that with smaller stretches, the original picture i posted of the FS map was only 90nm!Kevin

So the distance between waypoints in the FMS was only 90NM in your original report? That's why a screenshot of the aircraft, not the FS map, is much more useful when reporting things. It gives the developers that kind of information.I'll have to fly a NAT tomorrow and see if I can experiment and in a controlled test reproduce this with long legs, since I can't with short ones (that being 250NM or less) at all. I vuagely recall this issue with (something? I forget which addon) in FS9 and it turned out to be the long distance legs and the difference between great-circle and flat-earth modelling on the NDs magenta line. It wasn't homing, it was flying perfectly the great-circle route between the two long-away waypoints but the ND line was flat-earth so it looked like it was off-track when it wasn't.

Guest hench289

>So the distance between waypoints in the FMS was only 90NM in>your original report? That's why a screenshot of the>aircraft, not the FS map, is much more useful when reporting>things. It gives the developers that kind of information.>>I'll have to fly a NAT tomorrow and see if I can experiment>and in a controlled test reproduce this with long legs, since>I can't with short ones (that being 250NM or less) at all. I>vuagely recall this issue with (something? I forget which>addon) in FS9 and it turned out to be the long distance legs>and the difference between great-circle and flat-earth>modelling on the NDs magenta line. It wasn't homing, it was>flying perfectly the great-circle route between the two>long-away waypoints but the ND line was flat-earth so it>looked like it was off-track when it wasn't.>I understand that, but it didnt have that issue in fs9 so im sure it didnt carry over to fsx. That first picture i posted in this post was a short distance between waypoints, as you can see i only am 33nm away. Kevin H

The same problem here as well - the airplane will track between the waypoints - but it does not follow the flightplan path (the magenta line) and the deviations are severe enough that FS ATC issues course corrections when on an ILS flight.Brian Monroe