Sign in to follow this  
Guest hench289

LNAV problem?

I loaded the Cessna default on JFK 31L and the compass (plus the electronic versions) read 315 on the nose. Loaded the 747 GE PMDG house model and it read exactly the same.Switched from "N" to "T" and the compass rose did indeed rotate to 301. (The "whiskey" compass did not but that one shouldn't as far as I know).Is there another parameter we should be looking at?Also - if the magnetic deviation were the problem, wouldn't that also cause the waypoints to be missed entirely? The waypoints themselves are being reached.It seems that the tracking error has something to do with the difference between the orthodromic course and geographic course perhaps? ("straight line" as opposed to "round world")?BestBrian

Ok guys,I have done Vangelis and many more tests here (thanks God I

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Guest pjames54

I am having this exact same problem.Just something else I noticed to help anyone who is trying to track down this problem.If I select NAVDATA fron the main index page (1R) and input any ID to pull up the information I get a mag var of 0 degrees all the time.So I guess one thing we need to do is find out what data file this is pulling that info from?Also on the PFD when within range of an ILS. If I manually input the ID/Correct Course - It shows up in the PFD with the ID and uncorrected course in the top left corner.PMDG - Help!!This is a great Aircraft and other then this works great. Also by the way - works correctly in FS9.Patrick James

Guest pjames54

Just a followup to my post above:I have run the PMDG_AppDetect.exe program that was posted on your site - attached is the log file that was generated from it. I don't understand why fsx.exe and all your dll's can't be found according to the log. They are where they a supposed to be and your aircraft does load when selected.Besides this LNAV/ILS problem - I also have that problem where the load manager does not save the load from session to session - it always goes back to the default load of 72600 in econ deck only.I have uninstalled, reinstalled and repaired your software several times to no avail.Hopefully any information I am providing can solve this problem and get me running.No add-on scenery is installed.Here are my computer specs:Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2FSX w/SP1 (No Acceleration Pack)DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)Intel P4 (3.6 ghz) CPUASUS P5DW2 Premium Motherboard2 gig Corsair XMS DDR2 MemoryeVGA gForce 880 GTX Video w/768 meg memoryWD 250 gig 7200rpm Hard DriveCreative SB Audigy 2Z Sound CardSony DVD RW DW-G120APatrick James

Guest robbo3066

Yesterday I completed a flight over North America and the same symptoms were clearly evident. Today, I am completing a flight in Asia and the aircraft is behaving correctly.Anyone from PMDG able to assist on this issue.Rob Payne

Guest kmeunier

Hi,I have just downloaded 747X yesterday and for my first flight (YSSY to YBBN)with FSX version of that plane, I have had exactly the same problem. Thanks for your help.Karel MEUNIERWindows vista 32 bitsFSX sp1ActiveSkyX

Guest jodecci

Hey guys i had the same problem with the 747. I have a soulution to this problem. The problem was in the DLL files. I did a flight today from KLAX to EGLL and everything seems to go fine. I am going to do a flight back to KLAX from EGLL and see if the plane acts inappropriately. If it works i will send an Attachment and i will submit it to PMDG to let them test it out and use it as an update. People who are going to fly overseas with the aircraft listen to this. When crossing the Atlantiic there are not 1 VOR or Intersection between the US and the UK. This may cause the aircraft to fly off course only about 1 to 2 degrees. It's normal. The aircraft will come back on it's course when it is about a 100nm. When i send the attachment tell me if it works cause it did for me. I have read all comments and brought all the clues together. I just have to do one more test flight.

Hope it works Jodeci, for God

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Guest kcwestin

Are you guys still having this problem or is it just me?Im wonder if its just me having this problem regarding the silence in this matter.Christer Westin

Guest calflyer

Hi Christer,Just a note to say you are not alone--at least a few of us using Vista and FSX have the same problem. And the silence is deafening.Let me preface my remarks by saying I marvel at what can be accomplished by dedicated minds like the folks at PMDG whose efforts contribute so much to realism and the enjoyment of this hobby. I wish I had the computer acumen to better trouble shoot when I discover problems but being a relative novice I depend on the threads of conversations here and on other forums to enlighten me as to the problem and possible solution.In this case I don't see any PMDG recognition of the problem or any reasonable assessment of what could be wrong. Is it possible no one there has a Vista/FSX/Acceleration system to test their product on?I fly other FMCS equipped A/C on this setup with no tracking difficulty at all. I found myself going to this setup do to an unfortunate house fire, and when I rebuilt I was certainly not going to purchase less than state of the art equipment. My small ability to trouble shoot tells me as a pilot the main problem may be a lack of variation. The A/C does not show heading that would be necessary to offset xwind enroute and so homes as is were toward the station.On ILS final the magenta line will always be off to one side of the extended runway line with the A/C cursor triangle homing into the rwy end; while the A/C itself is on the opposite of the runway and the raw data LOC bug is offset showing the A/C is indeed off course opposite the magenta line.I wish I was good enough w/ computers to send you all the photo of this phenomenon, but I think if PMDG had this computer setup they should be able to experience it themselsves. My apoligies for being so long winded but after lurking the thread for this long and seeing no real attempt by anyone to solve the problem I felt the need to inject my $.02Gary ;-)

Guest robbo3066

I have contacted PMDG support (Paul) direct by email.The solution he gave was unfortunately a full re-install of Vista. This was not welcome news but I did it and it has so far worked.I have Vista, FS2004 & FSX and PMDG 747 for both simulators.Hope this helpsRob

I did that - it did not solve the tracking problem (although it did fix some other problems).

Calvin had it right when he said that life needs a rewind/erase button.I tried a flight once again and discovered that, yes, the Vista reinstall DID fix the tracking problem too.My mistake was expecting a huge airframe like the 747 to track "on a dime" to the GPS/FMS without taking into consideration the effects of wind and weight. After looking closer at the readings, PMDG has appears to have very realistically duplicated the true effect of flying the plan by FMS: the turns are slow (as they should be) and if the wind is blowing hard it will take a while to drift back into the track.I'm afraid I have gotten a little jaded over the years in FS, being used to airplanes that turn a perfect turn at a bank angle of nearly 45 without shaking and doing this at Vmo. I should have known better: I am even more impressed with PMDGs modelling.Yes - there WAS drift before I reinstalled Vista - but what drift there is now is to be expected given the effects of wind/weight etc etcNow - for those who dislike the thought of a "reinstall" - I was able to do this WITHOUT doing a "clean" reinstall of Vista - which meant that I did NOT have to locate the install files and reinstall all of my programs or my data. -->You should still back up your data before you do ANY reinstall!<-- But simply reinstalling the O/S and the updates is a lot quicker than having to do a complete reinstall. (A few hours as opposed to a few days).The reinstall also significantly improved other aspects of FS.Good job PMDG!

Guest kcwestin

Did PMDG say anything about the Windows XP users.I use Win XP SP2, FSX Acceleration and have this problem.Christer W