Sign in to follow this  

Switching Tower Views

Hi All,Does anyone know of a way to switch between the departing airport "tower view" and the destination airport "tower view" while in route to your destination?"If so, can it be done during flight without having to reset everything?The reason I ask is that I like to watch the instant replay of my landings from tower view. Since the default tower view is from the departing airport, it doesn't have the correct angle or view of the arriving airfield.Any help would be appreicated,Thanks,JD

Go to map view. Look for a black icon shaped like a control tower at your departing airport. Drag it over to your arriving airport. You can position it wherever you like (even on the runway, which is great for replays, IMO).

James:Great Pearl! I never knew that and have always been frustrated by not being able to replay my arrival from the destination airport's tower. Thanks a bunch!Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thanks James! I never tried that.- JD

Also, I recommend buying FSNav. It has a feature where you can right click on the map and select "set tower view to here". This is cool enroute also because you can set the altitude as well, so you can put the tower view in front of your plane at 32,000 feet and use it for flybys too!!

If you enjoy flyby views, then you should check out Active Camera For FS2002 v1.1. This add on is a module which will enable a "fly by" view in Microsoft FS2002. When activated this module replaces the original tower view of FS2002, and allows for camera placement, panning, and more.You can then enjoy flyby views of your aircraft, and can also watch your aircraft taxi about the airport from different views and distances. Really quite enjoyable.Active Camera is available (among other places) from the Utilities page at my site (URL below).