Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Speedbrakes

Guest AJ

During my takeoff rolls, I am regularly getting the speedbrakes deployed" warning on the EFIS. Visually, the brakes appear to be retracted, and I do not have them assigned as an axis on my controller. Instead they are assigned to the default setting on my keyboard. I am presuming that this is a prolme with my setup, but I have yet to understand what it is. Has anyone else encountered this problem.Andrew

Andrew,Make certain that you are not arming the Speedbrakes prior to take off. The logic in the 747-400 will deploy the Autospeedbrakes if the aircraft is on the ground and hyd power is available with throttles at idle. They should retract on advancement of the throttles.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest AJ

>Andrew,>>Make certain that you are not arming the Speedbrakes prior to>take off. The logic in the 747-400 will deploy the>Autospeedbrakes if the aircraft is on the ground and hyd power>is available with throttles at idle. They should retract on>advancement of the throttles.>>Regards>Paul Gollnick :-cool >Technical Operations/Customer Operational Support>Precision Manuals Development Group>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpgThanks Paul. Unfortunately I don't think that's the problem. The handle is clearly in the retracted position. I have noticed the following pattern:If, starting from the time I set up my flight, I do not touch the handle or press the speedbrake deploy button before takeoff - then every thing is fine. However, if during taxi, if I deploy the brakes momentarily to test them (by pressing the "/" key) and retract them with a second press of the same button (visually verifying that the lever is fully forward, then I have problems.My next test will be to see if the same thing happenes if I test the brakes by dragging the lever with my mouse.Thanks again,Andrew

Guest AJ

After further testing I found the problem. Although I had deleted the joystick assignment previously, I did not realize that each 747 engine type is treated as a separate aircraft with controler independant assignments. The controller was spiking and causing the problems, hence why I had deleted the assignment in the first place. I just did not realize that it was still assigned on the other birds.Andrew