Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

3 GB Switch to solve the OOM issue...

I'm trying to use the 3GB Switch to solve this annoying OOM issue that has bugged me for so long. I've tried just about everything suggested on the forum and then some to fix it with no luck, so as a last resort I am going to try the 3GB Switch. My question though is since i have a dual operating system, Win XP home and Win 98, do i have to do anything different when modifying my BOOT.ini, or should I just follow the normal procedures? Also, once the /3GB switch is added is there anyway to tell the addition was succesful other than trying a 10 hour flight and waiting to see if I get the OOM on short final? Thanks for the help!!!

Guest MaxRateJumbo

My understanding from posts at fsinsider.com is that FS X doesn't yet support the /3GB switch but that is was under development (unless you use the unofficial fix in another AVSIM forum). Also, it would apply to Win XP Pro and Vista, not XP Home.http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...ress-space.aspxChad

My mistake on that I didn't state which version of FS I was using. I am using FS9. I've been doing some research according to Microsoft's developer network site, Win XP home can use the 3GB switch.