Sign in to follow this  
wulfgar

Who has been able to perform a long-haul flight with 744X?

Hi,I am especially interested to know the config of people able to do these flights under Vista (32 or 64 bits).I am still holding for the purchase because I use Vista and going back to xp is out of the question.So If I see a lot of people reporting good results with long haul flights (more than 7 hours) under vista,this would be the green light for meThanks for your timeYves

Guest twinturbo99

Hi,Just completeted KJFK to EGLL (Mega Heathrow!) with 744 X with no OOM issues on vista 32 bit. Flight was about 7 hours.I wasn't able to complete a flight due to OOM problems untill i carried out the fix below. Maybe i was just lucky but it looks pretty stable now.Wish you the best of luck!!http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=399256&page=running:Vista 32 bit4 gig RAM6600 dual core8800 GTS GPURegards,Ceri Hurlow

Thanks for that link Ceri.That fixed the problem for me... I am using XP and in Task manager, whenevr the PF Usage gets around 2G I get that OOM error.. now I see the PF going 2.3G and it did not error out.BTW... i did not have to change the FSX.EXE as per the link you provided.. When i downloaded the tool and checked the FSX.exe, it already had the >2G selected in there. But I modofied the boot.ini to say the following. multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="......... /3GB /userva=2560"I appendened "/3GB /userva=2560" to that line and its seems to be good for now.Thank you!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Hi,>>Just completeted KJFK to EGLL (Mega Heathrow!) with 744 X with>no OOM issues on vista 32 bit. Flight was about 7 hours.I>wasn't able to complete a flight due to OOM problems untill i>carried out the fix below. Maybe i was just lucky but it looks>pretty stable now.Wish you the best of luck!!>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=399256&page=>>running:>>Vista 32 bit>4 gig RAM>6600 dual core>8800 GTS GPU>>Regards,>>Ceri Hurlow>>Great that sounds encouraging.Yves

Guest usafmech

I've flown 14.5 hours from KLAX to YSSY in vista 64 w/out getting any OOM errors. The next longest flights would be OTBH to KJFK and KSEA to RKSS which lasted 13.7 and 11.3 hours respectively. My average frame rates never differed during takeoff or landing (~23fps).Running:Vista 646600 Core 22 gigs ram2TB running RAID 0+1BrianF-16 Crew Chief Extrordinaire

Just flown EGCC Manchester to FACT SA, a little short of 6,000 miles in Vista 32 bit, FSX. #### FA`s were slow with the coffee and food but the flight was really good. Ended up cruising at 41,000 feet, TCAS did give some messages. Went for another shufty around the cabin, wish I could get down those stairs for a look..... Trackir is good with this plane too. Had to go around in pitch darkness, a runway change at late notice, but the second approach was dead on the nail. Then I went for a decent brew and some ham sandwiches..... ;-) Reider