Sign in to follow this  
boeingboeing

3 FPS.. :(

I've tried everything thinkable.. New FSX installation, SP1, latest drivers.. NothingOf course I've tried every possible setting, hi-res, low-res, display settings at max and minimums. I even tried every single one of them one by one to see if I could isolate one of them as the cause of the low FPS. Of course I've tried all the diferent settings in the video drivers.. Nothing. What kills me is that no matter what I do I'll get 3 FPS.. Even with no scenery and all the settings to its lowest.. Or with everything turned to max.. There is no change: 3 FPS!This only happens with 744-FSX, any default airplane will give decent rates with medium settings. There is a bottleneck somewhere but I just cnat figure it out.Hard is as follows: ATI Radeon 1900 512MB VRAMAMD x64 35002 Gb RAMAprox. 1 TB in HDWindows XP with all oficial updatesPlease, enlight me!

Hi, please sign your real name to your posts per forum rules.Are your drivers all up to date? This is a really strange issue here and I think you're the only one who's reported anything like it. There is a known bug in FSX where switching between the VC or spot view and the 2D panel can cause the framerate to drop to very low numbers, but that should go away if you restart FSX and it should only be low in 2D, the other views should still be fine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have a similar problem, getting about 5 fps regardless of detail settings. My processor is below the minimum recommended speed at around 2 GHz, so I wasn't expecting too much, but I did expect to see frame rates vary with external scenery due to lack of CPU speedI don't want to invest in a new CPU (and motherboard of course) only to find the framerates are still stuck at a similar low level.5 fps is comparable to the worst rate I used to see on FSX before SP1. Other complex add-ons run smoothly at 15 fps or more with SP1. Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

May have a solution for this:Are you guys running anti-virus software? If so, exclude your FSX folder and subfolders from real-time scanning. The procedure for this varies based on what AV program you're using, but several of us on the team have seen the issue and this fixes it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>May have a solution for this:>>Are you guys running anti-virus software? If so, exclude your>FSX folder and subfolders from real-time scanning. The>procedure for this varies based on what AV program you're>using, but several of us on the team have seen the issue and>this fixes it.Thanks for the small tip Ryan, 'Avast' being altered as I type ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Shutting down AVG anti-virus made no difference to frame-rates.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Ron Service

Have you checked the task manager to see if any other applications or processes are running?Ron

No applications but quite a number of processes. Nothing which affects the operation of other add-ons though.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg