Sign in to follow this  
roundy

LNAV Problem, Part II

First of all, PMDG is to be congratulated for the excellent job done on the new B747-400X. I particularly like the new views and sounds that were built into the model. The aircraft is a pleasure to fly and to look at.However, there seems to be a problem in the LNAV/Navigation Display. My first flight in the

Don Bohr

Guest pjames54

Hi,As I also stated in a previous post I too have exactly the same results withe the displayed track being off the amount of the deviation.Also note that when you input an ILS Freq/Course in the FMC - The course (next to the ILS identifier)is shown in the top Left corner of the PFD is also off by the same amount.I don't know if this has anything to do with it - but when I first select the PMDG a/c and the NavData starts to load in - it loads in very quickly as compared to the FS9 version (which works perfectly) like its skipping over half of it.Patrick James

These might be installation specific.I've flown KPAE-KSFO, KPAE-KONT & KORD-PANC. The LNAV and ND worked as expected. The only problems I've been trying to kill are related to winds and pressure... and are due to MSFS.I'm not saying you can't be having the problems, just inserting a note that not all installations have the same behavior. Knowing that might help you find the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Regarding the fast load times of AIRAC - PMDG made software improvements to the loader. So, it's expected.Regarding the winds and pressure: yeah, Dan, isn't it bloody irritating? Pete Dowson has tried his best to implement some smoothing of winds via the FSX version of FSUIPC, but it doesn't work very well. Incredibly, things are WAY WORSE in FSX than in FS9! Argh!- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

In my experience when this type tracking problems arises, it has always been a corrupted AFCAD file playing havoc with the magdef.bgl file; thereby throwing it off by some 10 to 30 degrees. It happened to me twice in FS9 and once in FSX so far.I wrote a blurb about how to check and find the culprite AFCAD file a while back here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...1&page=3#142101Hope this helps...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

All,My 'Faster" comp being out for repair, jumped onto my older comp to run FS9 and PMDG 744 version 1.1(this old comp has also FSX Std installed)Did run into several problems as stated here in the forum:-- LNav not tracking magenta line-- ILS PFD True CRS, ND APP mode ILS CRS in MAG-- AUTOPILOT unable to track LOC (flying offset)-- AUTOLAND touchdown well outside RWY Edge (Yes, this hurts) As FSX was also installed, treid following with SUCCES!!!please read this pinned message:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=121853&page=As this little program opts to both repair FS9 and FSX registry,hope it will be of help to all that experience same problems.Made a testflight after my FS9 registry repair, from CYVR to KSEA (area with 19 deg MagVar) and all systems operated normal again.Thanks Flight1, and Robert for the link.Harry