Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

747X TCAS probs???

Guest Scousefox9

There is no option in the 747X options menu anymore because they reprogrammed it to use simconnect or something.If you have FSUIPC installed, make sure both that and FSCopilot are in the right order in the dll file (see above). Have u tried changing the '0' to a '1' where it says FSUIPC; 'useforoldaddons' in the '747400gauges' file (near the bottom), located in 'Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDG' directory?Lefteris, I'm very well aware that you are busy at the moment; fixing some issues that should have been fixed during testing. If you are able to fix this particular problem then I won't have to add this to Wiki. Publishing pages on Wiki, detailing how to get around problems that you missed in your aircraft, is not my responsibility. Nor is it Finn's as a matter of fact. I merely assumed you'd want your customers to be able to use TCAS in the mean time, until you fixed it yourselves... Seeing as it was Finn's idea, I thought I

"...fixing some issues that should have been fixed during testing..."Liam- that's a decidedly low blow. It seems that you have never been involved in developing complex software or in quality control / software support.We can NOT be expected to be able to test every possible combination of 3rd party addons (like FSUIPC and FSInn) and/or other addon aircraft so we can figure those problems out.Nobody suggested that it's YOUR responsibility to add the workaround to the Wiki page, but I can't, for the life of me, see why it's our product's fault that a 3rd party, AI-injecting application's DLLs should be in a certain order in DLL.xml for our TCAS to display the results - it sounds to me that the fault lies with FSInn, no? (It's the one injecting the traffic).Liam- please fix your attitude towards us - we're doing the absolute BEST we can to give everyone support (above and beyond the call of duty most of the time), and such pointy, sarcastic remarks do not help in doing so.We developed the Wiki system so you all can help each other as well (as the product cost structure would never justify a dedicated support structure - though we have it). We went to considerable expenses to set it up and running, on different servers, so everyone is empowered to use it more. If you don't feel like giving back what little might be asked (like adding a wiki page - which takes about 5 minutes), at least don't suggest it's MY responsibility to do so.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest hench289

>There is no option in the 747X options menu anymore because>they reprogrammed it to use simconnect or something.>>Have u tried changing the '0' to a '1' where it says FSUIPC;>'useforoldaddons' in the '747400gauges' file (near the>bottom), located in 'Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight>Simulator XPMDG' directory?Liam that seemed to do the trick i can now see traffic online. Thanks a lot now i need the "homing" issue fixed and the localizer tracking fixed and ill be good.Kevin H

Have you guys heard of the placebo effect?Here's the only piece of code that might refer to that variable:// m_UseFSUIPC = (GetPrivateProfileInt("FSUIPC", "UseForOlderAddons", 0, "PMDG747400gauges.ini") != 0); // Default is No// if (m_UseFSUIPC)As you can see, the // at the beginning denotes the code is commented out. You should look for other reasons this worked for you.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris please look in the 747400gauges.ini file.Here is an extract from the end of my 747400gauges.ini file:[VC]Display=1[WingTips]Display=1[LoadManager]AircraftConfig=1[FSUIPC]UseForOlderAddons=0[VC_FO_Displays]Display=0I really don

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Guest Scousefox9

Lefteris, perhaps the selective problem is also due to the order of entries in the dll file.On a more personal note; you've accused me before of being sarcastic, and like I said then you clearly misinterpret what I say and the manor in which it is said. Yes my comment was a low blow but if you are not fixing problems that were overlooked, what are you fixing? That comment holds truth surely. I've realised you do not share the same tendency to view things in a relaxed and humorous way as I do; which is not a bad thing. I will however, ask you to bare this in mind when you are reading what I have written.I agree that some problems are not entirely your fault and some are more to do with the authors of third party software (like this one). In short, you are not obligated to fix the mistakes of others (or this particular problem) but I would expect this problem to have at least been discovered by your testers. Furthermore, it would have been very considerate of you to inform people of the problems that might occur, and how they could go about resolving them. I realise you have to prioritise your time but in an ideal world...As for the Wiki suggestion, I do not mind if I can help benefit other customers, but I got the impression that, even if you had all the time in the world, you wouldn't care. So I apologise if that not being the case.On a lighter note, thank you for your input on the product in question, and your continued support.

Liam-I am not in the habit of misinterpreting words, especially those posted in a forum that blame me for not doing all I could to support customers. I took it as you meant it: You thought I wasn't paying attention. I think the sheer number of replies and helpful posts here betray the opposite.Along with the rest of the PMDG crew, I've been concentrating on helping solve the one or two ACTUAL problems that have materialized since our release. In fact, we produced a very quick new download for everyone that fixed the most important ones - yet people still choose to blame us for their misconfigurations and other 3rd parties' problems. That's to be expected, to an extent, as our product is more prevalent on peoples' computers than those other freeware ones and we tend to be a likely culprit for statistically more people... but I will not yield to being accused that I don't pay attention or that I don't care.As for whether our testers should have caught this bug - there are literally thousands of other bugs that were caught and you never found out about them... so if this one was caught and another hadn't been, you'd have complained about that one instead. In fact, we could never have caught all the bugs - we simply don't have all the 3rd party products out there, or the PC combinations that exist... I humbly apologize for that lack of resources which causes this problem.Liam trust me - I don't take supporting our customers as a "light and relaxed" issue - I take it VERY seriously as our customers are responsible for putting food on my children's table. As such, I very rarely consider such accusations "light and relaxed". I (try to) treat everyone with the same respect I demand, so when you come out accusing, it irks me.Let's put this one issue to bed. If you guys want to take advantage of the Wiki that we put out there for your use and comfort, please do so. We'll continue posting info on it - feel free to add as well. When you do, you'll get the satisfaction that someone else will feel the gratitude towards you.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Scousefox9

Lefteris, I have uninstalled all 3rd party add-ons after noticing something. The traffic on TCAS doesn't seem to update (position + altitude) unless you do one of severall things:1.) Change radius one or two stages,2.) Turn off TFC, and turn it back on again.I didn't notice this before because I would be moving and hence it appeared the traffic was also moving.Could you (or anybody else) tell me whether you can say with certainty that if you sit on the ground and watch the traffic above, it's position and altitude update of it's own accord? If so then I will reinstall the 747X and see if that makes a difference.

Guest hench289

>Lefteris, I have uninstalled all 3rd party add-ons after>noticing something. The traffic on TCAS doesn't seem to>update (position + altitude) unless you do one of severall>things:>>1.) Change radius one or two stages,>2.) Turn off TFC, and turn it back on again.>>I didn't notice this before because I would be moving and>hence it appeared the traffic was also moving.>>Could you (or anybody else) tell me whether you can say with>certainty that if you sit on the ground and watch the traffic>above, it's position and altitude update of it's own accord? >If so then I will reinstall the 747X and see if that makes a>difference.>Liam, I first changed the order of the dll and pow AI traffic were all over my tcas then i went and changed the "0" to a "1" in the gauge.ini and now tcas works perfect online. I was sitting on the ground and a cessna was flying around above me and it worked perfect, it showed him descending climbing moving around ect.. I checked on servinfo to make sure it wasnt an AI airplane and it wasnt. I didnt have to change radius, and i just clicked the tcas on and he showed up. Thanks for the info hope it you get it fixed.Kevin H

Guest Scousefox9

Thank you very much Kevin for your quick reply. I restarted my pc and removed FSCopilot, and FSUIPC. It seems to be updating by itself fine again now.I hope when I reinstall all that stuff it will continue to do so :(.

Guest Scousefox9

Unfortunately, since installing FSUIPC and FSCopilot, one of them or perhaps both is stopping TCAS from updating again. I don't know why it works for you and not for me. Does anybody know how this problem can be resolved? It means I won't be able to go on VATSIM with a functioning TCAS; or on FSX Multiplayer as long as they are installed... :(Squawkbox 4 might work when it's out... Anybody?

It could be the order of the add ons in your dll.xml that's giving you grief. Ensure that FSCopilot is the last entry in that file and try again.Perhaps if you could post the contents of that file, someone will see an obvious mistake.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest Scousefox9

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalsePMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllFSCopilotFalseModulesFSCopilot.dllIf I put FSCopilot back at the top like it does when you first install it, I get NO traffic at all.

Does the traffic display with the file you've shown here? If so, that would indicate an issue with FSCopilot. It works for me by leaving FSCopilot as the last entry in the file.Actually, it became a problem when I installed the LDS 763. Once they figured out ordering of the file was necessary, I just move it to the bottom on any add-on that changes that dll. I no longer have any problems after doing so.Regards,Jim Karn

Also check that these two files are present in Your FSX main folder:TCAS2V7.dll size:116kbTCAS2V7.ini size: 1kbCheck that the content of the TCAS2V7.ini is like this:[Filtering]Range=100Altitude=100Speed=30[smoothing]Enabled=1MaxCoast=20Alpha=0.4[Logging]Enabled=0Finn "Wothan"

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home