Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

747X TCAS probs???

Guest Scousefox9

Guys, let me clarify.----------------------------------------------With FSCopilot uninstalled and dll file like this:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> Launchdll.xmlFalseFalsePMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllTCAS = Normal. Except for one or two occasions when altitude and movement has not been updated unless you change view radius or turning TFC off and on again. One or two aircraft have also not been shown - but very rarely.-------------------------------------------------------------With FSCopilot and FSUIPC installed, and dll file like this:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalsePMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllFSCopilotFalseModulesFSCopilot.dllTCAS shows traffic, but does not update altitude and movement at all. It only updates if you changed display radius or turn TFC off and on again.---------------------------------------------------------------With FSCopilot and FSUIPC installed, and dll file like this:dll.xmlFalseFalseFSCopilotFalseModulesFSCopilot.dllPMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllTCAS does not show ANY TRAFFIC on ANY occasion!-----------------------------------------------------I think that it is an issue with Simconnect and the way in which the data is being tabulated.Thank you for all your continued support.

Guest Scousefox9

I reinstalled FSCopilot, moved it's entry to the bottom of the dll file and went in an FSX Multiplayer session. There were 2 default 747s there and a Piper J3 Club. The J3 updated on TCAS by itself however the two 747s did not.This is very very strange. Does anybody know why this is?Edit: after posting this I went back in and ALL the aircraft were updating. A B738 and a A321 had joined and they were updating too. It is almost like more people joining had triggered the data to update...Further Edit: On another occasion, a B744 didn't appear to update automatically but another did. Then, I connected to VATSIM and lots of traffic displayed and updated automatically.Now I'm thinking Simconnect is a bit dogey or the way data is being used. Hopefully this will work all the time...

Guest hench289

Liam, I take back my last comments. I do have to change the range and turn the tfrc on and off for traffic to show up. Sorry bout the last response. So you arent the only one. Hopefully there will be a fix. For now im sticking with fs9.Kevin H

Guest Scousefox9

Yes, it tends not to happen very often now. I have a theory where any aircraft that join after you update automatically but most if not all the rest need prompting. VATSIM appears ok since I'm already loaded when I connect if you get my drift. I have not reinstalled FSUIPC - didn't see a reason to. I don't know whether that has anything to do with it.Hope you can establish an equal level of operation.

Hi.I have tried all suggested changes in dll.xml but it did not work at all while in multiplayer mode.It

>Hi.>>I have tried all suggested changes in dll.xml but it did not>work at all while in multiplayer mode.>>It

Gents-I need THREE (yes - THREE) volunteers to help detect and solve this TCAS issue for everyone. Send me email to lkalamaras(at)precisionmanuals(dot)com.Please include your age, capabilities and computer competency (I can't help those who're not that savvy, I am sorry, but time limits preclude me even though I'd like to).You'll need to be willing and able to backup gauges, files, install, reinstall, uninstall etc. You'll also need to have voice chat capabilities (preferably Skype). A plus will be if you have some knowledge of remote assistance etc.Unfortunately, I won't be notifying those who are not selected, but I'll let everyone know when I've made my selections here.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg