Sign in to follow this  
adamv66

options menu troubles

hi,having problems with the aircraft options in FSX after re-installing using the updated version. none of the options i make seem to take any effect and are just discarded when i click "ok". trying to change CRT to LCD and enable ground power for example. anyone else come across this?adam

Guest Scousefox9

Adam, when I reinstalled the aircraft I could have sworn this happened to me, but just tried the CRT to LCD now and it switches fine.

hmmmm... odd! i keep restarting and trying again and its making no difference... was working fine before i reinstalled the updated version...

Adam,I'd try uninstalling the plane again and making sure you manually delete the PMDG folder within the FSX root...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi ryan,tried with no success. incidentally, I also went back and searched my flight simulator x folder for any pmdg files left behind after uninstall and removed these manually too (there were a few .wav files and fx files). i also noticed that when i restarted fsx after reinstalling that i didnt get the confirmation pop-ups like i did the first time?adam

thanks liam. after a couple of re-installs and restarts the problem seems to have just gone away!

the problem has now returned! cant understand whats going on. i run a really clean installation with no add-ons or tweaks. is anyone else seeing this? its seriously annoying not being able to change any of the aircraft options!

In my case, this issue has been present (and still is) for a long time in FS9.If I load the Pax version, i can change the type to LCD or CRT style, but when I load the cargo version is not possible to change the style.I think that this issue was not present with the initial releases (1.0, 1.1).Some time ago, I posted about this problem, but there was no answer, so i thought it was something wrong with my setup.Best.Miquel Egea.

I have a similar problem to Miquel with the options menu - it is only in the FSX 400F version and only one item!The 400 pax options menu works as advertised but with the 400F the CRT/LCD switches are "greyed out" {with LCD set} and are inactive. However, if I make a change in the pax version, this change is reflected in the F version when I restart FSX.Dll.xml seems ok so, before I go for a reinstall, grateful for any advice on any other options {assuming of course, that the crt/lcd switch is working in the 400F version.?}Many thanks in advance.John Rooum

John, it happens in FS9, too; at least in my case.I use the last installer.Regards.Miquel Egea.

Miquel,Thanks. I do not have the FS9 400F - only the pax version - so cannot compare. Also interesting that this works in both pax versions and that is that overall this is the only issue I have to date found with the 400 in FSX.So, very grateful if someone could confirm that the crt/lcd switch does work in their installation of the FSX 400F so that we know that the problem is with our own set ups.John Rooum

Hey guys in the FSXPMDG747400Operatng Manual chapter 13 747_400F_Differences it states that the "400F uses newer technology flat panel displays,thus simplfying the otherwise complex maintenance requirements of the traditional CRT displays in use on most passenger configuration 747-400s".Michael

Michael,Many thanks. RTFM strikes again!!!In my defence I spent 1 1/2 hrs in the manuals last night. Saw that reference next to a picture of an EICAS which threw me off the scent as I was looking for reference to PFD/ND.Thanks again.John R

Thanks, but , I talk about the style (not the hardware), and at the beginning, you could choose between the old style , an modern style (announcment modes...).This was working , with the first release (747F), and for some reason doesn