Sign in to follow this  
adamv66

options menu troubles

Michael & MiquelWithout having the FS9 400F to compare with, I have so far found the following:1. FSX 400F CRT/LCD toggle de-activated - iaw the 400F notes that the freighter only uses LCD without the earlier CRT option. Seems correct so that the 400F should remain with LCD only.2. BUT - changes to the FSX pax version CRT/LCD switch also affect the 400F. For example, I recently flew the pax version EGLL-OMDB with CRT selected; I am now in the air flying the same route with the 400F and the PFD seems to be the CRT version!I need to see how the PFD goes on the approach. And of course the CRT/LCD toggle remains greyed out.So whilst the CRT/LCD toggle is correctly de-activated for the 400F; it seems that the two panels remain closely integrated so that the pax version CRT/LCD toggle controls both versions?Or am I wrong; and is there a problem with my installation?John RPS Ryan or Lefteris - a minor issue {but all I have after 3 long hauls in the FSX 400} so if you see this in passing, perhaps you could give a quick "yes"/"no" answer.

Held off whilst this slipped over the horizon back to page 6 - I do appreciate how busy PMDG have been.However, in the meantime I have looked at an FSX 747 installed on another system {XP Home the same but very different hardware} and it has the same problem. Also tried several repairs/re-installs; tried revising dll.xml; tried different FSUIPC - all without success. The CRT/LCD switch remains greyed out in the -400F. Yet both versions use the same gauge.ini file - which is why the CRT/LCD switch in the pax version also controls what is displyed in the "F" version.And in spite of Michael's comments above suggesting that the -F defaults to LCD irrespective of other settings, the PMDG web site says that the "F" version has the option of CRT/LCD displays - to me that suggests that the CRT/LCD switch in the options menu should be active in the "F" as well as the pax version.So, back to my original request and before I start re-installing again, could someone confirm whether the options menu CRT/LCD switch is active in the FSX -F version.Many Thanks in advanceJohn Rooum

John-thanks for the kind and respectful way you present your case. I'll be looking into this matter very soon (I have a short list of other matters I am looking into as well).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest acroshaw

hi guys, I also am having problems with the options menu, and I am running vista 32 bit on a xps laptop. Nothing I change in the options menu stays change, whether it is the pax version or the cargo version. I have a completely clean install, and I have checked the dll.xml file. I suspect it has something to do with vista's security features, maybe the UAC system is preventing the file from being updated?If anyone finds out let me know, I need to tweak the performance to get the queen to run well on my system, at the moment it is only flyable in the 2d cockpit with very low settings,cheersanthony

I found the same thing. for the time being I go direct to the PMDG folder in FSX, not the SimObject one, and make changes to the file directly. Just be careful, and take a backup copy of it first. Any changes are then reflected in the menu within FSX and the 747 flight.747400gaugesThe file above is the one it uses. Hope this helps.....Reider

Gents-I've pinned a topic at the top of our forum named "PMDG OS & App Detect (for FSX only)". It discusses a small utility app I wrote which can also set write permissions on the PMDG folder (and subfolders). This *should* resolve your Load Manager and Options save issues.I should mention this is only relevant under Vista and most likely if you have UAC enabled and have installed in the default "Program Files..." folder.Let me know how it works for you.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,I should have mentioned before that I am using Win XP SP2 not Vista.Also, just to confirm, I only have the problem with the greyed out LCT/CRT switch in the -400F.All other options appears to work fine for both versions. For example, the LCT/CRT switch is fine in the pax version - and changes made in the pax version then appear in the "F" when you restart the sim.John R

John, you and I , must be the only ones with this problem...No luck, until now.I posted it many months ago, but no answer...and I think that I have always been polite and respectful.Best.Miquel Egea.

John-yes, I understand this and I've been discussing internally with some of our tech advisors if it makes sense to forfeit the limitation on freighter vs. Pax versions on which uses CRTs and which LCDs. It's being looked at.My answer was to the other two gentlemen (thus you'd see that it was a "Reply to..." their post).

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,Thanks for coming back.Not sure I understand what you mean by "forfeit the limitation on freighter vs. Pax versions" - does it mean that the "greyed out" option that we are seeing on the "F" is how it is programmed at present??If so, as I said its a very minor issue - I was only concerned that I had a problem unique to my installations.John R