Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X Weird Mimic Thing

Guest Scousefox9

I just notice the strangest of things... Whilst sitting puzzled with out screwed up TCASes, Johan and myself sat and we notice that if I rudder left, the plane that I see him in (which was VS like mine) rudders left! And guess what happens if I rudder right? Yup you guessed it, his plane rudders right. In fact what ever I did to the plane, reverse thrust, you name it I seen him do exactly the same. He confirmed when he did something to him I was doin the exact same thing!I realise this is a bad time with FANCON an all (bugga) but if anybody have any ideas why this strange behaviour is happening...Ryan if you're reading I'd also like to bring to your attention the following:1.) TCAS no longer displaying traffic since update,2.) Tail lights hovering over tail like NAV lights used to be.I would be very, very greatful if these issues could be resolved in the next update/patch wich could be some time now :(.

Are you using FSInn? I've seen some cases where I get "ghost" planes rendered right over top of mine, and they mimic what my plane does.I narrowed it down to the "Peer to Peer" functionality in FSInn. Turning that off made the ghosts go away.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest Scousefox9

Yes I'm using FSInn but when this happened I wasn't connected. I'll try it and see if it works tomorrow, cheers.BTW: Is anybody else experiencing the other problems I listed above? I wonder if FSInn is affecting TCAS hmm...

Guest Scousefox9

Mimic thing is still happening... I uninstalled FSCopilot and FSInn so it isn't be caused by them. I have installed FSUIPC though... To be clear this is happening on FSX multiplayer, I can't check on VATSIM yet. Are PMDG looking into this too?

Guest Scousefox9

Can PMDG please comment whether they believe this problem is being caused by the aircraft and whether or not they are looking into it?Regards,

Liam,This has nothing to do with us. Sorry mate. We cannot control what happens to FSX multiplayer visualation routines.Best,VangelisPS. TCAS check this out : in FSX using FSInn you need to switch both the COM panel TCAS switch to TA/RA and set Squawk mode Charlie on the FSInn panel. It is not automatic anymore for the FSX FSInn version.===================================== E. M. V. Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest Scousefox9

Ok, but it puzzles me why this does not happen to every aircraft and not just the 747X?In reply to your TCAS tip, I don't know whether you're aware but I've posted this problem in detail in the '747X TACS probs???'. The problem is happening in FSX Multiplayer and is simply, only default FSX aircraft show on TCAS. The 747X and any other add-ons I have installed, if used by somebody else will not appear on TCAS. I have

Guest Scousefox9

I tried it on VATSIM, set my com panel TCAS to TA/RA and mode C on FSINN, and didn't get any traffic on TCAS. I was however in observer and stealth mode so I didn't annoy any controllers... I don't know whether that would affect it. There's no option I noticed in various to select FSX internal or FSUIPC like there is with the FS9 Queen ...

Guest Scousefox9

Since reinstalling FSInn TCAS seems to have stopped functioning completely once again... I hope I've provided you with enough info to help solve this problem.

Liam,In the FSX all traffic information is obtained directly from simConnect (i.e. the sim itself). Apparently there is a block somewhere and the internal multiplayer table is not properly populated...Vangelis===================================== E. M. V. Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest Scousefox9

Ok, can PMDG fix this issue?