Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

Trouble getting onto the PMDG website

Hello,For some reason I suddenly can't get access to the PMDG website. I'm not sure whether it's a setting in my browser or what, but I haven't deliberatly changed any settings. If I try to follow a link or just type in "http://www.precisionmanuals.com/" I get an error message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." This is something that just started happening recently. I haven't found any other website that I can't get on. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm using IE 7.Thanks,Tom Murphy

Guest troyboy66

Welcome to the club Tom. There are at least two more of us having the same issue. Its gone unresolved since I first posted almost two weeks ago. I've tried many different browsers and was not able to log on at all. Incidentally, PMDG is the only site I cannot visit.. PMDG however, says its no fault of there own and that there server(s) are working fine. I spoke to my internet service provider and they could not assist me either. From there end, they were able to log on to the site. I even tried pinging PMDG's IP address and got a request timed out. I wonder now if it has something to do with Vista users which is what my OS is.I was giving a link to use a browser that uses proxy server and it did work, but I was told by someone here that its not safe as it could alter your IP address. In this case I stopped using it.I'm honestly not sure what to do. I've serached microsoft also with no resolution. I've pretty much giving up as I can no longer see or purchase the wonderful products from PMDG.See: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchTroy

Troy,I appreciate your taking the time to reply. You sound much more knowledgeable about internet techie stuff than I, but here's something interesting. I have two other computers on my home network; they all use Windows, XP, including the one I use for flight simulation. The other two use IE 6, but the one I use for simming and also can't reach the PDMG website, uses IE 7. The other two can both reach the PDMG website.Is there any reason why I couldn't download software from PMDG to one of my other computers and then transfer it via LAN to my flight computer?That question aside, this might be a clue to one of you more savvy guys out there as to what's going on.Hope this can be solved.Tom

same problem. windows 7. the page worked fine, then onday few months ago it stoped. now i cant install any of my pmdg stuff because it wont connect to validate :( this is very upsetting :(

Guest troyboy66

No longer able to access PMDG. Same as before. accessing that site just stopped working for me. I have had Win 7 for a few months now and all has been well. About a week or so ago accessing PMDG is not accessible. Using Opera, IE, and Safari...still no go. I even added PMDG to my safe site...still nothing...Does anyone know why this is?Troy

It's working for me with vanilla Explorer

Dan Downs KCRP

No longer able to access PMDG. Same as before. accessing that site just stopped working for me. I have had Win 7 for a few months now and all has been well. About a week or so ago accessing PMDG is not accessible. Using Opera, IE, and Safari...still no go. I even added PMDG to my safe site...still nothing...Does anyone know why this is?Troy
Sounds like a bad DNS entry somewhere. Did you try using Google's DNS? Or try typing, directly into the browser, PMDG's IP: 64.71.225.166. If you get the home page or part of it, then your ISP could have a bad DNS entry. It could also mean you need to flush your Windows DNS cache.

Guest troyboy66

I used Google, but still no change...I did however get into PMDG's website using the IP address. Thanks George and thank you all for your responses. Does this IP address change..i.e., has it changed in the last few years?Troy

Yes, the IP address changed, but it was two or more years ago. ISPs' DNS servers are supposed to update basically instantly when these changes happen. I'm using Google's DNS myself and I get to it just fine. It has to be something local to your machine. You're sure you flushed the DNS cache?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest troyboy66

Ryan , I did not flush the DNS yet. Will do that now

Guest troyboy66

Flush DNS...no change. For now I'll have to work with the IP address. Thanks guys