Sign in to follow this  
Jayjay

Ok Maybe I should give up!

I have always been very happy with all my purchases from PMDG (737 for Fly!, 737, 747, B1900). Last week I purchased the 747 for FSX, but his time for me, it's wasted money (ony partially though because I got also the 747 for FS2004 update) as the PMDGOptions.dll, when loaded, makes all my planes (default and add-ons) fly with 0 fuel + refuelling menu inactivated.I asked for help through this post http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=139486&page=2and got no attention whatsoever.And now with the Avsim's convention coming it's less likely that I would get any help. So I'm going to give up. At 69 I prefer to spend time preparing my flights and flying rather than spending my days trying to make a piece of software work.To those of you having purchased the PMDG planes, please continue to do so, as they produce some very fine aircrafts and to those considering buying PMDG products, I urge you to do so, you will not be disappointed.J.J.Jean-Jacques StruyfBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

JJ,This is an extremely strange issue and you're the only person I've seen or heard of reporting it... I'll need to ask Lefteris about this and he's in Seattle right now. Sorry I can't be of more help, but once everything's back to normal with us we can definitely try to figure it out.Are you using a French version of Windows and if so do you have the comma set as your decimal character? We know that can cause issues, though I'm not sure if this is one of them?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello Ryan,Yes, I am using a french Windows XP, but it is set to english numbering system with a dot as decimal point.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Well gents,I could'nt give up! All of us have experienced those nagging problems that fill your mind day and, sometimes, night. But I finally found the solution:All my PC's are running a french OS with the numbering system set to english. This has always been my first step after installing a new computer. Today, Ryan (Tabs) asked me if I was running a french Windows XP and if the numbering system was not set to a decimal comma. When the problem occurred to me, and seeing on PMDG's forum that nobody else had reported it, I checked that my settings were set to decimal point. Before answering Ryan I double checked and yes my local number settings were set to english (american).So, while driving downtown Javea in Spain, where we temporarily reside, in order to buy some additional spanish wine and sangria, I thought "american english, yes, but on a 15" screen, my old eyes may take a comma for a dot". Back home, I double checked and m.... (you know the good old french curse that was given to us by General Cambronne during the battle of Waterloo) although the local settings are set to English (American) the decimal was set to a comma!. Maybe our american friends are so much enthused by Mr Sarkozy, France's new president, that they are switching to the comma decimal ;-)I then changed the comma setting for a dot setting and voil

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI