Sign in to follow this  

How big is your FS 2K2 footprint?

Hello All,I have been a fan of the FS series for several years. I love freeware ac and have about 3 CDs full of downloaded ac. My problem is the size of FS 2002 on my harddrive. With add-on ac, scenery, panels, etc, my FS footrpint is aroung 3Gigs. This is more space than several of my combat sims combined. Unfortunately, the size of my FS directory is growing at a rate about 10MB per week and I only have 2.3Gigs left. I'm addicted to the freeware aircraft from groups like Posky, FFG, AFG, and other individuals. I plan to add the Saab 340s when they are released. I just can't stop. :) A bigger HD is not in the budget and there are some sims I do not want to remove just yet.Anyway, out of curiousity, how big is your FS footprint? I think I'll feel better if there are people out there that are worse than me. :)Regards,--T

My FS2002 with all the add-on scenery and aircraft weighs in at 3.76GB.The other flightsim I have is Flight Unlimited III, that takes up 2.2GB.All other games I have installed combined, use 4.3GB of harddrive space :)However, my Aircraft directory is a mess right now. I'm using multiple copies of some planes, one for AI and one for flying. I will clean out the aircraft folder and replace the AI flights with PAI planes soon, that should bring the size of the folder down about 1 GB.If you are using the NTFS file system, you can compress the Aircraft folder. There will be a performance hit, but it might be worth it, because you will greatly reduce the space that the planes take up (not in your hangar, but in your FS2002/Aircraft folder :) ).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest B1900 Mech

4.52,Have Fly2,TS2,IL2 demo,X-plane. 15.5 left.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Whaaaaaa!!! 6.21 Gigs and that doesn't count the other Fs2002 install I use to design and test out scenery and such. Also, doesn't count the two installs of CFS2. Think I should go on a diet.39.1 Gigs left.Frenchy -- out.

Guest Heather 636

Got you all beat with 6.83 gigs; a large chunk of that taken up by scenery installs. And I just moved a large number of unused aircraft from this drive to my backup drive just the other day.8 disks of backed up downloads and about time to fill another one or two.Heather

I'm starting to feel better already. :) I actually have a 20Gig HD with 2 partitions @ 10Gig each. The first partition is for my work related files and the second consists of my games (FS2002, Falcon 4, Ghost Recon and several racing games. I am debating getting another 20Gig HD for my simulator stuff, especially since I previously removed some stuff I would've liked to have kept on.--TLoving sims and anticipating the need for more storage. BTW, FFG posted another preview of their Saab in a Crossair 2001 livery in it's forum. It looks awesome!!! Take a look:http://www.fsnordic.net/discussion/index.p...y;threadid=3520

Guest Eagle92395

2.6 Gig so far... LOL!! It'll grow quickly.. but I have 100 Gig, left...got a 120Gig RAID ARRAY!!!!

Dude,I just bought an 80GB drive. ANd its almost full ALREADY!!!Don't mess with any drive smaller than say 40GB for a new drive!!Oh yeah my FS2002 folder is a whopping 6.7 GB.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

4.6 Gig on a 80Gig HD and growing daily...Keep em flying...

21GB here. Sorry I either purchase payware or download freeware software. :)I guess I have it bad, eh? hehe

Guest Dominik Mann

Uh, well, let's see :-) ...Entire FS 2002 folder: 7.92 GB (8,507,674,416 bytes)(reduced to 4.89 GB (5,261,040,183 bytes) thanks to NTFS file compression under Win 2000)"Aircraft" folder only: 5.63 GB (6,046,667,663 bytes), compressed to 2.55 GB (2,746,591,799 bytes)Looks like those SB A340s are starting to show...! ;-)

FS2k2 - currently 10 GB / 6BG left but a reinstall is coming soon on a 80GB Drive with my new machineFS2k - 7.68 GB gone soon if theres still the lights in the sky prob with GF4 ...+ Utilities and stuff Fly!2k and Fly!2 .. default + some addons not really big[p]You can visit Maddys Flightsimulator Multiplayer Tours at [h3]Maddy's Tour Pages][/h3][/p]Athlon 1GhzAsus K7VT512MB SDRAM PC133GF3 Ti200 (nv29.42)SB-LivePlatinumWin98SE / Suse Linux 7.2DSL Connection 768kb/s down / 128kb/s upFS2002pro / FS2000pro / Fly!2k / Fly!2 / Falcon4 SP3 / Janes F/A-18 / Flanker 2.5 / EECH(AH) / Virtual Sailor ... and many more[/font