Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

Differences 400X/400XF

After the 400F is included in the new package, I got interested in the 400F and . . . I checked the 747 manual.But . . .I could not find any basic data for the F-version - just one little note that the max fuel capacity is less . . .Where can I find . . .Max fuel OK found in load mgrMaxTO Wt OKMax Ldg Wt still missing !Max ZFW OKBOW ( may vary between the diff. airlines ) just a good averageboth in lbs and kgs - I calculated around 165.000 kgs - is this more or less realistic ?As mentionned above found some data in the load mgr - but again have some questions here :at full cargo it shows 12 pax with 4246 kgs which means each pax counts for about 350 kgs - pretty heavy . . .full cargo means 47940 kgs which is MUCH too less - a 747F can carry easy around 100 tons with of course less range . . . on the other hand, if you load the pax 747 it carries 50 tons in addition to the pax weight . . . Is there any way to enter own cargo figures . . . ?Also the MAXZFW figures of load mgr differs from the manual :246072 load mgr and 242671 in the manual

Karl,While it doesn't address many of your questions, did you know that there is a 13th chapter for the manual called "747 400F Differences?" It doesn't show up for the PMDG start menu, you have to go to the PMDG folder in your FS install directory to find it.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Karl, did you download the installer very soon after release? The very first one posted had a glitch in the cargo loader program. PMDG posted a replacement download that fixed the issue.Here's a screen shot of the F fully maxed so you can compare with yours.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180259.jpgI believe the Freighter model has no stabilizer tanks resulting in a lower max fuel capacity.Ray

Hi Ray,thanks for the explanation - I loaded now the second version and everything is fine. I know that the F has no stab tanks, but my question was the difference between load mgr and manual for the pax version :QTE :The max fuel is also different in the pax version : 173423 kgs load mgr and 175087 kgs manualOr 382336 lbs load mgr to 386000 lbs manual UNQTEThere are very strange differences between pax and cargo in performance details - fuel flow and initial climb - I did a few "test flights", will come back to this later after more testing.Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

When I made my first trip with the 400F/FSX I noticed very strange performance differences between the pax and the cargo version