Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

744X FMC

FS9 FMC User's Manual 12-59"RTE DATA Pages: The RTE DATA page allows the crew access to ETA, computed fuel remaining and wind data for all programmed legs of the active flight plan. The RTE DATA page is displayed by selecting the RTE DATA> prompt from the RTE LEGS page.WINDS Page: The WINDS page allows for crew review of forecast wind andtemperatures aloft at representative altitudes along the route of flight. The WINDS page is accessed using the W> prompt for eachassociated fix in the RTE DATA pages.In order to model this system complete, it is necessary for us to implement a planned ACARS update to a future update/version ofthe PMDG 747-400 as this data is normally received by datalink in order to assist in flight planning while enroute. You can manually enter wind data for your route of flight if it has been provided to you by a weather planning program or other device. If weather data is entered into the weather pages, it will be considered in theflight planning profile.We do not consider this function to be fully operable, but it is available for you to interact with if you wish."Email from PMDG support:"In talking to the team and following the instructions outlined in our own manual, it appears it's definitely broke.I have sent your email on to the FMC master to see if it can be addressed in the 747-400X for FSX."Was this addressed in the 400X?Jim Harnes

My >W prompts do nothing... anyone able to use these?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,We implemented a simpler wind info system for the LEGS page. Enter wind info data (e.g. 320/50) in the scratchpad and upload it by pressing R1 to R5. The information can be uploaded for any waypoint before ToD. You have to use the forecast page afetr that.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. V. Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

The question is about the WINDS page as discussed in the manual. Was that functionality included in the FSX version/FS9 update?Jim HarnesEdit: Just saw the post above. Looks like the the WINDS page is a placeholder.

I agree

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Dan,They don't work on my FSX 744X FMCCheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx