Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

MCP LCD displays- blank FSX

Guest tcable

The older style is fine. If I select the LCD (or the F which defaults to LCD) my MCP readouts are blank. Buttons work fine.I've also noticed that the LCD readouts on the Push back gauge are blank as well, but push does work, I just cannot see my settings.ThanksTim

Guest Ray_CYYZ

It's a problem with PMDG's font not being registered.Did you reboot your computer after installation? Windows plug&play is a myth :-lolThere should be a link/installed font named Glass Gauge & Glass Gauge (TrueType) linking back to the FSXfontsglassga.ttf directory.Ray

Guest tcable

The gauges are fine (PFD/ND/EICAS)It's the numeric LCD readouts both the the MCP (ALT, SPEED,VS) and the push back gauge.The LCD font is in both places, and I have rebooted since the install.

Guest tcable

I reinstalled the LCD font- strange as the FS9 version was always fine, and it came up on one flight, then not on the next. ON the third- I was just messing around a with systems and decided to play anyhow, I did get the readouts after changing airports- but I'll need to duplicate to be certain.I have a theory that when starting cold and dark, these displays are blank and do not come online until the proper bus is powered- I thought that the APU would be enough especially with both generators- I did not notice the displays working until I had 4 burning, but that means that I did not NOTICE.I'll attribute this mostly to:a) user ignorance:( systems modeling changes (this might be how it really is!) I'll need a differences course :)

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Hmm, should see 'em as soon as you put a generator online. You wouldn't be having that battery drain problem?As long as I have bus 2 or 3 out of isolate, i have a working CDU. Power source can be anything. As the display requires power to display digits, no power, no display.Ray

Guest tcable

I'll need to reevaluate if the MCP is live with the APU GENs or engine GENs.Another thing I'd like to see is some sort of flight deck light from cold and dark- enough to get power onto the airplane.

Same Problem... sorta.I've had to rebuild everything. Running the 400X for the first time tonight EGCC-KMCO..No LEDs (Clock, Radios, Xpdr, Push Back).. all other indications normal. Problem is in any view (2D, 3D, pop-up clock, etc).Before the rebuild of my c drive, the 400X didn't have this problem. The rebuild involved FORMAT, and the reinstall of everything has taken several days since I've been methodical (got all the FS9 stuff going first for my SIDSTAR updates).I've rebooted, restarted and rethought the situation. Can't figure it out.I'm cruising along at FL320 just over Shannon, gotta go and do a step climb.Anyone figure this out yet?

Dan Downs KCRP

Gents-Reading this thread I'm confused: Are you seeing this in the FS9 400F? or in the FSX 400F?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

FSX 400 (not F). The MCP is fine (mechanical not LED). All LEDs are blank.

Dan Downs KCRP

In troubleshooting, I've loaded a running aircraft from scratch in both FSX and FS9 and don't see the led digits. I must be missing a font..

Dan Downs KCRP

Solution seems to be a reboot. Very confusing!There's an earlier thread with same problem/solution. I didn't expect it to work but it did.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest UPS523

Has this problem ever been figured out or fixed??Just want to make sure b4 i buy this plane.i've heard of people taxing to the runway or taking off then all of the sudden there mcp displys go out and they have no way of seeing altitude ect...