Sign in to follow this  

Sloooow frame rate with FS 2002

Someone posted a problem with a geforece 4600 and my problem is even worse! I did have a 1.4 Ghz AMD with a geforce2 ultra and I now have an AMD XP2100+ with a Leadtek geforce 4600. Well, my frame rate on med. settings averaged about 30 if I remember now it is a whopping2.5 fps!! This is with the high preset settings so I set it to the lowest setting and it dropped to 1.6 fps. Call it a hunch but I think there is something wrong somewhere. It appears that there is no hardware acceleration or something strange like that.The Leadtek card has a utility that lets you tweak most settings on the card and I did run 3DMark with the default benchmark and got a 10000. I am running WinXP Pro and have a second 40GB hard dirve with nothing on it but 2002. This was a clean install on an updated system. I did note that someone had said that the 4600 is rather picky about its BIOS setting or something to that affect. Anyway, does anyone have a place for me to start troubleshooting this thing or have encountered the same problem.Regards,JWF

HI.What motherboard are you using by chance?It will be interesting if you have a Asus A7m2666 as someelse with the same motherboard is having problems like yours too.Craig Kiltie

Guest Joshieca

Dont know about the other person but mine is the A7v266e.

Sorry for the bother. If you looked at my profile you would see I do computer music as a hobby also and have a very extensive digital recording setup. Well, to make a long story a long story, I found out that the driver for the pro level system I have is not made to run wav file streamed from consumer level products...(i.e. games). So, I killed the sound in MSFS and bang my frame rates jumped 15X. However, there is a on-board SB clone chip for the ASUS A7M266 which I had deactivated. I re-activated it loaded the driver for it and that took care of all my problems. I now have sound and running at the expected frame rates.I should have thought of this before but sometimes it take awhile for for thoughts to "hook up" in us old guys!If anyone sees a simular problem, maybe this will help.Regards,JWF