Sign in to follow this  
Guest ozjet

saving a co route?

Guest ozjet

Hi everyone.I just started my first flight plan with the new 744 for Flight simulator X and I have got no idea how to store my flight plan within the FMC so that I can use it later. I've put in all the waypoints and activated the route. Can anyone help me?Sorry if this question has already been asked on the forums.Thanks,Craig.

From memory, you should see an option in the FMC to "RTE COPY". This saves your current route using an intuitive filename format and shows the resulting filename.Tim Morshead

Guest ozjet

Thanks for the reply tim.Thats what I remmember it being on the FS9 version and it would quote the file name on the top of the FMC screen.I press RTE copy in the FSX version and it just copies it to RTE 2 as far as im aware.Has anyone managed to save a CO ROUTE? in the 744 FSX version?

Sure, the option to copy (save) appears after the route is activated and executed. One of the LSB's is pressed and it gives you the filename in the scratchpad (e.g., KPAEKSFO001). Works fine.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest ozjet

That is exactly what im doing I activate and then execute the route.on the RTE page I press the "

Does it save the route (look in .../PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS for the .rte file)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest ozjet

I have looked there and cant find it. Im loosing hope here.Thanks for the help anyway Dan.If you have it working then im totally lost.Im using windows vista home premium. Could that be causing the issue?It seems to be the source of alot of my PC problems at the moment.Does anyone know a program that could create a .rte for use in FSX?Having to import it manually every time is just too anoying.Cheers, Craig.

Guest ozjet

Ok so I worked it out.Turns out, I have to run flight simulator as administrator.As soon as I did that my flight plan was saved.Only had windows vista a few weeks, and already im realising it a big heap of horse S#*t.Thanks to all who offered they're advice.Craig.