Sign in to follow this  
Guest luvanegra

747-400X - Dark & Cold How make it as default flight ?

Guest luvanegra

HI I've loaded the "PMDG 747-400X Cold & Dark..." then I've changed the World local by LPFR and from Flights/Save menu I save it with the box "Make this the default flight" checked, then I ended the flight and I quit from FSX.The problem happens when we try to restart the FSX again. FSX begins to run but when AIRAC database is loading, fsx crash and desapeer.To make FSX restartable again,it was necessary to edit fsx.cfg file and replace the LINE:SITUATION=.....path of the cold & dark file.... (Documents and Settings)by the original lineSITUATION=FLIGHTSOTHERFLTSIM (in my case).Another way (not ever)is by rebooting the PC, but fsx will run only at first time and problem will remain.Thanks

Try to find the problem one step at a time.Are you using "." period in the numbers for decimal or "," comma?Does FSX start okay without PMDG?Does FSX start okay with PMDG default (at KPAE)?Does FSX start okay with PMDG default (at LPFR)?and so on.. taking it one step at a time.I (and many others) are able to start a flight at a saved location with a dark panel. And now you learned not to make a flight default until you know it loads okay (I also learned this the hard way).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest luvanegra

In my regional options I have "," (comma) for Decimal symbol and "." (period) for Digit grouping symbol.Can you be more specific about this detail?I already done the others steps just like you said. FSX start ok without PMDG I had problems only when I tried KPAE or LPFR.If possible, let me know all steps to make a PMDG(Cold and Dark) default, maybe I've done something wrong.

There's been several threads over that past year that focus on problems with "," comma for decimal. I don't know much about this issue, but PMDG always recommends the "." for decimal.Try this change.There's no "secret" steps to saving the situation with a cold/dark panel. I simply put the plane where I want it, with date/time set to desired start, select the panel state and save the flight. It's worked almost everytime (there is a bug in FSX that has to do with reloading same engine variant without restarting FSX but has different symptoms).Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest luvanegra

PMDG Panel State/Save only saves a panel state does'n make it FSX default flight. FSX Load Menu(where we make flights default) will continue emptyAfter that did you save it again in menu Flights/Save (FSX) and checked the box "Make this the default flight" ?...The saved default flight files (3 files) went to:Documents and Settingsuser.pcnameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files...is here where my explained problem begin.I'm sorry, I only be sure that I'am doing this right.thanks