Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

747-400X VC Framerates

I am getting framerates under 10 in the VC which kind of makes it unplayable for me. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing heavier framerate hits than normal. OK, granted this is FSX and everything will be more resource hungry but I thought the VC would be a little better running. The FSX VC doesn't appear much different to the FS9 version which performs great. I've done a fresh FSX install with SP1, same result. (TrackIR, Clear skies on the runway at Friday Harbour used).

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I see your using a AMD athlon X2 +4200, and since FSX is a processor intensive game instead of a graphicscard intensive game I recommened to upgrade to the black-edition (+6400).I don't know about your RAM-size but a minimum of 3GB is what I would recommened.

Max,I have basically the same system you do, (4200+, 2GB, 7800GTX) and I see more like 15 most of the time.You using Vista or XP?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

XP, Ryan. I'll keep playing with it here and see what i can do. Strange.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

How high do you have your autogen by the way? That, ground scenery shadows, and water are the three major performance killers in FSX for me at least. I run autogen sparse, ground scenery shadows off and water at high 1.x.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I get 15-20 average on my 3800 dual core with 2 gig ram and a Geforce 7600GT. Running 32 bit Vista, FSX, Acceleration, SP1 and 2. Shadow off, water 2x low, 10% traffic and most other settings fairly high.I changed the trees to ones that take less resources, a good defrag (space, then name defrag) after a fresh install of FSX, Acceleration and the 747. I still use the trick with the default.xml file and change it to default.bak Reider

Yeah I will try all those tree and autogen tweaks again and see what the result is. I 'm sure I can get an improvement by digging further into the tweaks. It just seems too low right now.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

Well here's a strange discovery - my framerates DOUBLE when I pause the sim (VC, TrackIR). Even when I push up the sliders. I do not recall ever seeing this happen in any FSX or FS9 aircraft. I thought FPS is unrelated to whether the sim is moving or not, correct me if I am wrong. Can anyone else replicate this ? I get 10 in motion, 20 when paused.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

I get between 34 and 100 fps with my FX-62 which is slightly overclocked at 3.030. Windows XP though. My video card is a 7950GX2 which is also overclocked a bit. Most sliders are maxed or close to it. No blurries either. SP1 only ... not using the Acceleration add-on.My CPU is only about 62% busy when running FSX.However I don't have this 747 yet.Waldo

I am on a 6000+ x2 and get 12-15 on the ground at a detailed airports, (klas klax) with all settings "high" and 100 percent AI (Numbers do come up to 20-25 with no ai). At cruise I typically see 20-30fps. Just needs a little processing power... okay alot. Sure is a nice vc.AndrewEdit: All numbers from the VC of course. Spot view and tower view run at 30-40 fps pretty much everywhere. I suspect they would be higher if i were running something better than an 8600gt

EEERRRMM sniff, sniff, wheres that smoke coming from? :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png