Sign in to follow this  
kfreire

FMC and flightplans.

Hi to all:I'm kind of new to this. I have purchased the newest PMDG 747X and its upgrade.My question is on the FMC. I would like to fly from Montevideu,Uruguay to Porto Alegre, Brazil, and I would like to import a flight plan from the internet to FMC. How should I do this? And, is there a good addon to do this? I tried to follow the instruction on PMDG FMC manual but i'm not very good at it. Is there a simpler way to do it? I work all day and when I come home I just want to load the plane and fly. I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks a lot.Kaue.:-hmmm

Easiest way is to buy FSBuild or similar and import a flight plan via that. The price is pretty good, once set up its easy to use and it can be used for other aircraft too. It pays for itself if using it on a few planes. Once its created the flightplan it saves it in the PMDG folder in FSX. You key the route name into the co route section and all the waypoints are there ready to start. The following is an example of what you key in to the co route to start using the plan.....egcclepaThat would load a pre programmed flight that was generated from EGCC Manchester to LEPA Palma, via FSBuild. The planning stage only takes a few seconds/minutes and you can re use the plans over and over again. Flight1 has it for sale amongst other sites.....Reider

In addition, at least for the 737NG FMCs, if you go to index/navdata/flightplans you'll get a list of those that were exported from a planner to the PMDG FMC format. To scroll the list, use PRV/NXT.LSK next to the desired plan name and it will put it into the scratchpad. Then go to RTE (page 1) and LSK the CO ROUTE dashed line and it will place it there for ACTIVATE and then EXE as Reider stated.It would be nice to know if this was implemented in the 744X series.

>In addition, at least for the 737NG FMCs, if you go to>index/navdata/flightplans you'll get a list of those that were>exported from a planner to the PMDG FMC format. To scroll the>list, use PRV/NXT.>>LSK next to the desired plan name and it will put it into the>scratchpad. Then go to RTE (page 1) and LSK the CO ROUTE>dashed line and it will place it there for ACTIVATE and then>EXE as Reider stated.>>It would be nice to know if this was implemented in the 744X>series.>I would also like to know if I can use it with the new 744X, since I bought the FSBuild program, but I can't export it to FLIGHTPLANS on the PMDG folder( or at least I don't know how to). It only exports to the FSX regular flightplan that I don't care much about it. I would like to know if I can export directly to PMDG/Flightplans folder.Thanks, Kaue.

Hi Kaue, Yes,FSBuild exports directly to PMDG/FlightPlans folder.It can be a bit frustrating getting it setup to do so but once you have it set to the correct path it becomes very easy to build flightplans.I assume you have put a check mark next to PMDG737/747(MSFS) at the top of the page under Export to.Next under where it says Folder Items click on Options and along the bottom you'll have the option to choose either Export_Directories,Settings,Nav Data and Load_Map_DB's.With Export_Directories selected set the path to FSX by clicking on the Browse Tab next to FS2004/FSX.You do not need to set the path to PMDGFlightPlans only to FSX.Now at the bottom again next to Export_Directories click on Settings.Scroll down and you'll see Export To in bold.Scroll down and put a check mark next to PMDG 737NG.This option works for the 400X.Now click on the big Save Config Options button and you should be all set to save your plans.Create a quick plan and it should say Created PMDG 737NG File C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDGFlightPlansyour plan name will be here for example KJFKEGLL.rte.Now go into your PMDGFlightPlans folder and look for your new file.Hope this works for ya.Michael

Guest Ashu

Michael,I tried setting up my FSbuild using the settings you've talked about in your post and I get the message Unable to create PMDG 737NG FMC file PMDGFLIGHTPLANSOMDBEGLL.rte. Its quite frustrating as I've been trying to export flight plans to my new 747X but nothing seems to work. Can you help.Khurrum

Hi Michael:I did all that you described above but I still got the "ERR -Unable to create PMDG 737NG FMC filePMDGFLIGHTPLANSKJFKEGLL.rte"Should the FSBuild be installed inside the FSX folder?I did the Export_Directories to the FSX folder.Is there anything else I could be missing? Thanks for your help.Kaue.

Hi Khurrum, I guess my first question is are you using XP or Vista?I'm running XP and the following steps are exactly how I've setup FSBuild on my system.1.Go to Export To and make sure PMDG 737/747(MSFS)has a check mark next to it.2.Click on Options and then click on Browse next to FS2004/FSX and set the path to Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator X.3.Next to Export_Directories click on Settings.Scroll down and under Export To put a check mark next to PMDG 737NG.4.Click the Save Config Options button and then click OK.5.Now shut down FSBuild.6.Restart FSBuild and hopefully you'll be able to export your plan ok.Michael

Hi Michael:Disregard my last message, I got it to work now!!Just had to re-start FSBuild after the new configurations, and those flight plans where saved to the right folder.Thanks again, Kaue.

Hi Kaue, After you get FSBuild setup shut it down then restart and see if this helps.I uninstalled and reinstalled it today and I would get the same error until after a shutdown/restart of FSBuild.Michael