Sign in to follow this  
Guest atharsagri

GPS window

Guest atharsagri

Hi,I purchased PMDG 747-400 n 747-400f recently. I need to know how to open the GPS window in PMDG models. In PMDG when I press "O" for the airplane lights it is not working. I have to hold down the "O" key then it works. If I press "L" all lights are ON. I don't need this. I need the "O" key to work for the airplane blinking lights on wings and tail and up and below (red) lights.Thanks.Regards,Athar

The 747 hasn`t been modeled on the use of the GPS. It uses the CDU to either program a flight or load a pre programmed flight from a flight plan program such as FSBuild. It takes time to learn the CDU but needs to be done.A GPS unti can be added, to simply watch the live route on the map screen. It can be used in 'Direct to' mode to see the prospective route but not used to actually follow the route automatically. Nor can it be used to follow a route planned by FSX in its own route planner.This is the link, third post down.... http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=140320&page=2Reider

Guest atharsagri

Hi,I m using the PMDG B747-400 n B747-400F in PMDG in MSFS 2004. Can u pls guide me how to use the CDU and FMC in PMDG?Regards,Athar

Guest dt1951

Athar, have you read the manuals? It is a rather involved discussion, way too much to be discussed here. There is an excellent tutorial flight, and other tutorials, avialable on the PMDG site as well as other locales.If haven't already purchased the PMDG 73NG series I highly recommend doing so because that series will give you an excellent primer into the CDU and other systems.

I second the above answer and would like to add this too..... Practice practice practice, the more times you crash, the more times you don`t understand, the more times you go back and try again the greater your knowledge will become. Eventually, it will become second nature and you can transfer this gained knowledge to other aircraft too. Have fun and enjoy, learn as you go along.....Reider