Sign in to follow this  
macwino

PMDG 747 FSX causing SimConnect error for Eaglesoft CJ1

Gentlemen:I have been referred to you by the folks at Eaglesoft. They say that a problem I am having with their CJ1 is being caused by your software. I'm caught in the middle here, and I hope you can clarify things for me. This is way over my head.I've had the PMDG 747 for FSX installed since its release and have encountered no problems. On Sunday I installed the Eaglesoft CJ1 and experienced 14 hours of troubleshooting as I tried to stop this plane from continually freezing FSX and in most cases requiring that I reboot my machine.I related my Event Viewer error information to Eaglesoft and they said this was a PMDG problem. Here's the thread if you care to look at ithttp://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2831In any case, here is what I told them about my crashes and freezes that caused them to say this looked like a PMDG problem. Hopefully, you can tell me what might be going on and suggest a solution.In the Event Viewer there are a series of errors in the System Log (but none in the application log) that appear to pertain to the times when the CJ1 is crashing and/or freezing my machine. I've saved the log but don't know how to send it to you if that would be helpful. Here's what I can make of the errors. Bear in mind that this is all above my head.The Source is always "SidebySide" and each crash seems to involve 3 separate error messages with identical times to the second. The Descriptions for the three errors for each crash are as follows:"Generate Activation Context failed for C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll. Reference error message: the operation completed successfully.""Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft Flight Simulator.SimConnect. Reference error message. The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.""Dependent Assembly Microsoft Flight Simulator.SimConnect could not be found and last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."I also have isolated errors where the Source is listed as the "Service Control Manager". Their description is "The Mixlic service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." These errors, however, do not seem to be tied to the crashes.I hope this helps you figure out what the problem might be. I am only having trouble with the Eaglesoft CJ1. All of my other Eaglesoft planes work just fine. As do my other payware planes, including the PMDG 747. This is a new machine running XP SP2 with a new installation of FSX SP1 that is only two weeks old. I have made no modifications to the CJ1 at all. And no modifications have been made to my FSX.cfg except to allow for a TH2G display. My video card is an nVidia 8800 GT OC from BMG. I'm running an E6850 processor with 2 GB of RAM.Thanks for your help.Robert

Hi Robert-the three errors you notice in the Event Manager related to SimConnect are "normal" and not related to your problems with the CJ1 (which unfortunately we don't own).Those errors stem from the fact that we actively search for the version of "side-by-side" SimConnect.DLL that is installed on your system. Our product is designed to work with all SimConnect versions, from the original release of Flight Sim X (which we call "RTM") to SP1, to Acceleration Pack, to SP2. For each of these versions (say, a later version like Accel Pack or SP2) that is not installed, you'll get three "errors" in your Event Viewer to indicate this. Microsoft is aware of this "erroneous" (sic) error reporting and is actively searching for other solutions which will not mislead our users but, apart from the possible misleading, there are no other repercussions with this issue.(You will notice that FSUIPC, if installed in your system, will also report these three errors in the Event Viewer).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will pass this information on to Eaglesoft. As I said at the outset, I am caught in the middle here and in over my head. I appreciate your taking the effort to explain the situation as clearly as you did,Thanks, Robert

One additional note here:I don't want to miscommunicate myself here: We don't want to give the impression that we don't care. I suggest that you recommend to Bill Leaming (or whoever the other developer responsible for SimConnect is there) to come in contact with us and we'll sort this issue out, if there are other Eaglesoft customers who report it as well when they use it together with our product.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris, I didn't think that at all, so don't worry. And I think I am the only one experiencing this problem, so I doubt Eaglesoft will need meet and confer on a resolution. When I passed your info on to Eaglesoft, Bill Leaming responded and proposed a possible solution involving the loading of the default Lear 45 in 2D Cockpit mode and then transferring to the CJ1. I am testing this right now and it looks promising. Just need to do a few more run-throughs to be sure.Thanks again for your willingness to help.Robert

Hi guys, Just wanted to jump in here and say that I have both the 400X and CJ1 and I am having no problems at all.I have been trying to duplicate Roberts problem but so far I have seen nothing out of the ordinary.I am running FSX SP2 with XP.Michael