Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

FSX CTDS while loading initial AIRAC/runways

Guest Mower

Right...long time surfer through here.Been watching the PMDG line for years.Took the leap into the FSX PMDG 744.Wonderful product, my compliments. /suck up mode off. ;-)I have FSX/SP1/Acceration with My traffic 5.1 which runs fine just prior to installing the PMDG.FSX starts up then gets to the AIRAC runway loading then FSX just shuts off with no errors. Just disappears. I have tried the dll.xml fix.Ideas please?Thanx.Chris Honke

Guest luvanegra

Hi I have same problem if check box "Make this the default flight" with a PMDG flight.See topic 140217140217

Guest Mower

Well I DO have a PMDG 744 set as the default a/c so I will change tha and advise. Thanx.

I have this problem not on the FSX version, that is working fine, but if I load up the FS9 version it crashes to desktop on the AIRAC load. Posted this a few days back and have got no response yet.

Chris,Have you tried loading FSX with a default aircraft in 2-D on the ground at a gate marked as heavy, then loading the 744?Regards,Jim Karn

"Chappie" (can't be your real name so please write it?)Use the FS9 registry fix tool that you find posted as a pinned note in our forum (top posts). Hope that helps!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I cannot for the life of me find the pinned registry fix you are talking about. If you are talking about the one that modifies the location of FS9, I already did that manually and that worked for one load and when I came back to it a few days later it was back to crashing again. Can you provide the path to the Topic? ThanksSteve

Steve-that's the one I am talking about. If it worked for one load, try to figure out what changed afterwards - possibly you reinstalled FSX? Something you did (and it has to be user settings) caused the problem to reoccur, so you need to retrace your steps carefully...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Mower

Okay, changing the default a/c upon loading to soemthing other than a PMDG one resolved this. Now when I subsequently laod the PMDG 744 all is fine.NOW I just got to get FSX tweaked enough to get beyond ~12 FPS...reading the notes on the PMDG ops but that may not be enough.Running a new Dual core 3Ghz with 2 Gig 800 ram.Thread links here anyone that could help please?

The registry tool did not fix this. The FS9 version still locks up and crashes to desktop on the AIRAC load. Went back to original FS9 version (v1.1?) without the FSX modified FS9 version and all is well again. So the new FSX patched version of the FS9 aircraft is not working for me.Steve